limpid

General Election Results 2024  

34 members have voted

1. 1. How many Labour MPs?

2. 2. How many Liberal Democrat MPs?

3. 3. How many Conservative MPs?

4. 4. What will the turnout be?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/07/24 at 17:00

49 minutes ago, Jareth said:

2 days to go. The tories should be in a bunker passing the cyanide pills around.

I've got the jerry can of petrol ready to destroy the evidence. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

2 days to go. The tories should be in a bunker passing the cyanide pills around.

If they’d have spent all 6 weeks hiding in a bunker (or a fridge) I’m certain they’d be picking up more votes on Thursday.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

it was nice buying some prepared salad leaves the other day with a use by of july 5th. i now have a bag of lettuce that will last longer than them

• Haha 1

Another one bites the dust

• A second Reform UK candidate has defected to the Conservatives, saying the "vast majority" of party nominees are "racist, misogynistic and bigoted"

• Georgie David, standing in West Ham and Beckton, denies Reform's senior leadership is racist, but says she does not want to be "directly associated" with its candidates

link

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

Another one bites the dust

link

It's amazing it's taken some people this long to work out that they've basically joined up to the friendly face of the old BNP....and the friendly face aint all that friendly.

Even Farage himself says part of their problem is that they stole the BNP's clothes and absorbed them. I don't think everyone voting Reform are mad racists that want to shoot brown people and castrate homosexuals but the people that do are definitely voting Reform and that's got to be enough to make the more sensible people who "just want a bit of a change" really uncomfortable when they make their cross on Thursday.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, bickster said:

How desperate is Mercer? Standing in the central reservation of a busy road in rush hour with a sign with his name on

Usually his wife standing in traffic looking for business.

• Haha 1

Labour wont do as well as the highest estimates. Closer to the lower. And Tories won't do as poorly as their worst estimates. Probably closer to the higher end. Reform could pick up one or two seats, Lib Dems 55-60. Greens 1.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I am looking forward to Reform getting 2-3 seats maximum and then the brain dead racist supports realising that this is not the start of new world order and they remain insignificant.

Then claiming the election was rigged because they got 20% of the vote but only 2 seats, which will be taken as absolute proof that is was rigged against Reform. 

11 minutes ago, Danwichmann said:

Then claiming the election was rigged because they got 20% of the vote but only 2 seats, which will be taken as absolute proof that is was rigged against Reform. 

No doubt. 
I reckon a lot of the muppets who spout about them online aren’t even registered to vote or can’t be arsed to go to the polling station.

Despicably, I can see a few more seats for Tories than predicted but hopefully not enough.

I'm so intrigued to see the reaction from Reform getting way less than some polls were predicting. I think they'll get their fair share of votes but not enough to win seats.

Edited by MCU

7 hours ago, delboy54 said:

And just what is it that they need from us that they cannot get from all the other "safe European countries that they have crossed through?

God, comments like this are so grim.

7 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Lets say you are put in the position that you have to get out of your country with the clothes you stand up in. Get out or risk persecution or death. You have to get out now. Where do you go? You can go as far as you can get. Do you choose a country where no relatives, no support group exists, no one from your community, you speak zero of the language or do you go to a country where you speak a smattering of of the language. Where your community is, friends, relatives and a country that traditionally gives safety to those persecuted. I know which one I would choose. Hopefully I never have to make that choice. 

To add, the British Empire spanned vast swathes of the World and influenced those areas massively (for better or for worse).  English is the 3rd most spoken language in the World as a first language and comfortably the most spoken second language by a country mile.  Any sort of international business pretty much requires English.  Calling a stereotypical scripted centre in India?  They're speaking English.  If you ever travel the World, the common ground language between people is often English.  When I was out in Thailand, places were showing popular American programs on telly - often how people learnt to speak English.

I find that "those types" hold a strange mix of this country being so fantastic but then "why would those foreigners come here?".

55 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Labour wont do as well as the highest estimates. Closer to the lower. And Tories won't do as poorly as their worst estimates.

24 minutes ago, MCU said:

Despicably, I can see a few more seats for Tories than predicted but hopefully not enough.

have i missed some new information? or is this just like when we were worried about spurs beating city?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

have i missed some new information? or is this just like when we were worried about spurs beating city?

Yep. I think they're just lowering our expectations. 

Can't see any reason why the polls aren't going to be pretty accurate.  I hope reform maximise their vote as that'll decimate the tories. 

interesting seeing the 'celebrity' political alliances that i didn't know existed

lee hurst - remember him from they think it's all over? = massive reform supporter with a twitter page full to the brim of all the usual far right drivel

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

interesting seeing the 'celebrity' political alliances that i didn't know existed

lee hurst - remember him from they think it's all over? = massive reform supporter with a twitter page full to the brim of all the usual far right drivel

Yeah, been crazy, sorry, exploring cancelled voices, for some time.