limpid

General Election Results 2024  

34 members have voted

1. 1. How many Labour MPs?

2. 2. How many Liberal Democrat MPs?

3. 3. How many Conservative MPs?

4. 4. What will the turnout be?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/07/24 at 17:00

Just now, supermon said:

I wonder if Corbyn would have had the same projections with this Tory government. 

No, they’d be heading for another term in office. Corbyn was unelectable. Johnson was not popular in 2019, he was just more popular than Corbyn. People voted for Johnson's Tory Party as the least worst option of the two. The same would happen this time around as Corbyn faced his third defeat

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, bickster said:

No, they’d be heading for another term in office. Corbyn was unelectable. Johnson was not popular in 2019, he was just more popular than Corbyn. People voted for Johnson's Tory Party as the least worst option of the two. The same would happen this time around as Corbyn faced his third defeat

Maybe but there was also a lot of character assassination when Corbyn was in opposition.  

Starmer has the media on his side this time round.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, supermon said:

Maybe but there was also a lot of character assassination when Corbyn was in opposition.  

Starmer has the media on his side this time round.

Hmmmm, ones man’s character assassination is another man’s saying and doing foolish things. Starmer doesn’t  really have the media on his side, he's just given them as little ammo as possible.

• Like 2

I wish I could get exited about this election, but just can't. Whoever gets in over the Tories will spend the next 4 years complaining that they are fire fighting and fixing the mess the Tories made, nothing will change for the good of any of us mere mortals. It'll be same sh1t, different party. I'm considering not voting, unless theres a 'non of the above' option on the ballot.

1 minute ago, bielesibub said:

I wish I could get exited about this election, but just can't. Whoever gets in over the Tories will spend the next 4 years complaining that they are fire fighting and fixing the mess the Tories made, nothing will change for the good of any of us mere mortals. It'll be same sh1t, different party. I'm considering not voting, unless theres a 'non of the above' option on the ballot.

Because of the FPTP voting system more than 50% of the votes cast in the election would be meaningless and a vast of time. Do something useful instead.

You are right the two parties are more or less the same and most people would not experience any difference whoever is in power. An other reason to do something worthwhile on election day that don’t include voting. 

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

Because of the FPTP voting system more than 50% of the votes cast in the election would be meaningless and a vast of time. Do something useful instead

Not particularly true in this election. The only meaningless ones this time around are in safe Labour seats. The proportion of meaningless votes will be far fewer than normal

6 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

This is total bullshit and that is what the Tories/right wing media etc want you to think that Labour will be the same as the Tories and the shit show will continue. This has all been said before but has the last 14 years been the same as the 13 previous under Labour? and did nothing change when Labour replaced the Tories in 1997? 

In 2010 when Labour left office NHS waiting lists were at 2.3 million. They had doubled pre pandemic in 2019 to 4.6 million. They are now at over 7.5 million. You were guaranteed a GP appointment in 2010 within 48 hours. The Tories took power in May of that year and scrapped that guarantee in July of that year and  30% of people now wait over 8 days for a GP appointment. You had a heart attack in 2010 you would wait on average 18 minutes for an ambulance. It is now 45 minutes. Cancer wait times are now the worst on record and have gotten progressively worse over the last 12 years. In fact the list of things that have gotten worse within the NHS since 2010 is endless as the Tories have decimated it.

There are 4.4 million children living in relative poverty in UK in 2024 an increase of almost a million since 2010. The number of people in working households who are living below the poverty line is 1.5 million higher than it was in 2010.There has been an 80% increase in homelessness since 2010. 

They have even failed on their big pledge to reduce net migration. In 2010 net migration was 252000. Last year it was 685000.

I could go on all day about what has gotten worse since 2010. The Tories have broken pretty much everything, decimated public services, given those with the least a good kicking, overseen one of the biggest acts of self harm any nation has inflicted on itself, made the country as divided as it has ever been, all whilst increasing taxes to their highest levels since WWII, overseeing the first fall in living standards in UK in modern history, and increasing national debt from 900 million in 2010 to 2.5 trillion pound now.

Labour and Tories aren't the same, not even close, and the shit show won't continue. Labour have and will again improve the NHS, will help ensure councils don't continue to go to the wall, will look to improve the lot of those with the least, will offer hope and opportunity and will bring a semblance of respect and order back into politics.

Use your vote on Thursday and help end this shit show.

What was the population numbers during those years ? 

35 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

Because of the FPTP voting system more than 50% of the votes cast in the election would be meaningless and a vast of time. Do something useful instead.

You are right the two parties are more or less the same and most people would not experience any difference whoever is in power. An other reason to do something worthwhile on election day that don’t include voting. 

What right wing media sources are you consuming to believe this? 

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

What right wing media sources are you consuming to believe this? 

None of them, I’d imagine. I mean they’re all saying Labour will raise taxes, threaten our defence and haven’t got a plan….

oh. Perhaps they are both the same, then.

No, hang on, that can’t be right. They’re also saying Labour aren’t telling the truth, they’ll fail to control immigration,…

oh! Again.

obviously they’re nowhere near the same, but it’s mildly interesting that the right wing media tend to throw things that the Tories have singularly failed to manage as accusations at Labour. 

• Like 1

Just now, markavfc40 said:

UK population has increased from just under 63 million in 2010 to just under 67 million now so a 6% increase. NHS waiting lists have gone up 330%. Child poverty up by 25% (as much as 44% in parts of the country), homelessness up by 80%. 

That burns gotta hurt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1