limpid

General Election Results 2024  

34 members have voted

1. 1. How many Labour MPs?

2. 2. How many Liberal Democrat MPs?

3. 3. How many Conservative MPs?

4. 4. What will the turnout be?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/07/24 at 17:00

12 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

She may not be VT’s favourite, but she’s got a hell of a point.

Well that's different, for many reasons.

This was targetted at Rishi and he's shown little concern for anyone but himself in general. She's in a different political party. The reform Candidate hasn't donated millions to the Tories.

I mean, it's the last one isn't it? It makes me question what the minimum amount is that one needs to donate to the conservative party for him to gloss over racist abuse. I think he'd let you off some casual stereotyping for 50k but you'd need to be approaching 8 figures to dismiss the Holocaust.

Imagine the fury if this reform candidate apologised, and Farage, as his party leader, accepts the apology and says we should all accept it and move on.

We've got a PM that's such a big piece of shit that Nigel Farage's approach to disciplining someone for racism looks like a big improvement. :(

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Just had 4 Labour leaflets through the door and 2 Reform. Think I’ve had 2 from conservatives since the election was called 

Two Tory more than me :D 

I've had everything now bar LibDems and Tory, which at least shows they really aren’t spending any money on this seat

Ive even had leaflets for candidates standing in the next seat along :crylaugh:

Ooh, finally got a Tory leaflet. Some young sucker they've parachuted in at the last minute, after Stuart Andrew saw the writing on the wall and bottled out. 

Suffice to say it's totally pathetic. 

41 minutes ago, bickster said:

Two Tory more than me :D 

I've had everything now bar LibDems and Tory, which at least shows they really aren’t spending any money on this seat

Ive even had leaflets for candidates standing in the next seat along :crylaugh:

Can’t imagine them doing well at the best of times in Liverpool let alone the current state of them now .

Letter from our local Reform candidate. Sorry if hard to read . I will admit there’s some issues on there I’m all for keeping on top of but overall it lacks substance in terms of the overall bigger picture. 

07932EDB-B955-4535-AD3C-F60672E367F5.jpeg

• Haha 1

You know who we need in parliament, someone too scared to speak up out of fear of being cancelled. 

Though given he's a covid sceptic and climate change denier who has Sharia courts, and gender ideology in their first 3 points, staying quiet might be for the best. He should get in the **** sea.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

You know who we need in parliament, someone too scared to speak up out of fear of being cancelled. 

Though given he's a covid sceptic and climate change denier who has Sharia courts, and gender ideology in their first 3 points, staying quiet might be for the best. He should get in the **** sea.

Not sure Sharia courts are a problem in Cannock chase and the Covid and climate change conspiracy really isn’t helpful especially the latter. 

• Like 1

The Sharia Courts thing as ever is hilariously silly. It’s just a different form of dispute mediation for two parties who are willing to accept its resolution. No one is legally forced to use it, not even Muslims and they can’t ask anyone to do anything that is illegal in the UK

They aren’t even courts, they are councils

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Not sure Sharia courts are a problem in Cannock chase and the Covid and climate change conspiracy really isn’t helpful especially the latter. 

I'm not sure they're a problem in Sparkbrook either to be honest. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Letter from our local Reform candidate. Sorry if hard to read . I will admit there’s some issues on there I’m all for keeping on top of but overall it lacks substance in terms of the overall bigger picture. 

07932EDB-B955-4535-AD3C-F60672E367F5.jpeg

"Have you ever been let down by a Reform government?". 😆

No, and I hope I never will be

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

They have no place in this country

Why do you think that?

Fwiw, I think there are many problems with them. In theory they're simply a kind of mediation service with no legal power, and some of them are fairly transparent and well regarded... Others... Less so. I do think that to consider them a simple mediation service with no legal standing is to ignore the cultural barriers one might face in wanting to reject the use of them, so I'm not sure it's as simple as @bickster suggested.

I'd like to see them well regulated and inspected by an independent body to ensure that those using them are having their safeguarding needs considered, particularly vulnerable woman trapped in abusive marriages, but I think banning them would do more harm than good.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

And either way, for it to be a big talking point for a party that, let's face it, it's aimed at white British voters...I think it's a pretty clear dogwhistle

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Why do you think that?

Fwiw, I think there are many problems with them. In theory they're simply a kind of mediation service with no legal power, and some of them are fairly transparent and well regarded... Others... Less so. I do think that to consider them a simple mediation service with no legal standing is to ignore the cultural barriers one might face in wanting to reject the use of them, so I'm not sure it's as simple as @bickster suggested.

I'd like to see them well regulated and inspected by an independent body to ensure that those using them are having their safeguarding needs considered, particularly vulnerable woman trapped in abusive marriages, but I think banning them would do more harm than good.

No doubt some are helpful but I feel many aren’t and you put it perfectly in regards to proper regulation would be needed. They are too underground and if they are to exist in Britain it does need an independent body to see that everything is running  fair and correctly to the rules and values  of this country. I don’t think the Sharia council would be too happy with outside interference. I would be open to courts in the uk having a place where Muslims could go and discuss matters but governed properly by uk courts. Obviously you’d have a Muslim judge to over see matters. As they are though no and as I’ve said too underground. 

12 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

And either way, for it to be a big talking point for a party that, let's face it, it's aimed at white British voters...I think it's a pretty clear dogwhistle

Yeah I agree I don’t think it’s a big problem for the bulk of the uk people. 

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

As they are though no and as I’ve said too underground. 

Problem with banning anything like this is all you do is get rid of the legit ones, and the problematic ones almost certainly continue to operate, with even less transparency. You can't effectively ban two parties coming to agreements with a mediator, and if there are people being pressured into using them against their will, that's going to happen whether they're legal or not.

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Why? 

Because we already have our own laws and way of doing things. If people want to live by sharia then go and live in a country where they practise it. You don’t want to live by western values then leave . 

• Sad 1