Maximilian Beier

I'm always sceptical of forward players from the Bundesliga given that defending seems to be an option there rather than a necessity, but he seems a good prospect.

Despite being listed as such on Transfermarkt etc he didn't really play as an out-and-out striker for Hoffenheim, he was mostly the left of the forward line in a 3-4-3. I'd imagine were he to sign he could cover the departures of both Duran and Diaby, as he's a versatile player and Villa don't have the squad space to replace them separately. Would imagine it'd also write off any chance of Felix coming in (or at least I can't see how it'd work otherwise).

Just now, Indigo said:

I'm always sceptical of forward players from the Bundesliga given that defending seems to be an option there rather than a necessity, but he seems a good prospect.

Good point. Look how many goals Kane got in that league, compared to his England performances. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

Well, it has been a good market for us.  Bailey and Diaby did work out well (solid numbers, Bailey exceptional last season, profit on Diaby).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Well, it has been a good market for us.  Bailey and Diaby did work out well (solid numbers, Bailey exceptional last season, profit on Diaby).

There's examples in either direction of course - look at Haaland!

I was being slightly facetious, but it's just that the style of the league is conducive to a lot of goals and opportunities for attacking players that they aren't always afforded in other leagues, so sometimes you see players struggle to adapt after moving. I think on paper Beier would look a potentially great signing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villanmac said:

Im gonna need one of those circley radar graph things with all the points touching the sides before I ok this one.

My eyes go like glazed doughnuts every time I see them.

14 minutes ago, Indigo said:

There's examples in either direction of course - look at Haaland!

I was being slightly facetious, but it's just that the style of the league is conducive to a lot of goals and opportunities for attacking players that they aren't always afforded in other leagues, so sometimes you see players struggle to adapt after moving. I think on paper Beier would look a potentially great signing.

It's why I think he needs to bulk out a little to avoid being another Timo Werner who struggled when he wasn't simply running through on goal after quick counter attacks.

It took Ollie a bit of time to adapt from the wing to the player he is now but Beier seems to have some similar traits and is still young  👍 

33 minutes ago, tinker said:

Plus instability, not directly being brought in by the coach and being part of a huge squad plus the club is underachieving and has an owner that creates chaos at any time he feels like, seem like a nice place to work for 9 years 

Jumping on the titanic springs to mind big ship, big club, big disaster. 

Doubt footballers see it that way

London, big wages, recently successful club. 

In their mind villa can't offer that as insane as it sounds.

7 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

It's why I think he needs to bulk out a little to avoid being another Timo Werner who struggled when he wasn't simply running through on goal after quick counter attacks.

It took Ollie a bit of time to adapt from the wing to the player he is now but Beier seems to have some similar traits and is still young  👍 

He can cut inside and curl one into the corner, make that last man run and finish it from 6 yards and get on the end of a cross. Very similar yes. I think he’d give us a lot of options. Especially in a team full of pace and dribbling out wide too. 

1 hour ago, villanmac said:

Im gonna need one of those circley radar graph things with all the points touching the sides before I ok this one.

Radar 😆 

2 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Cracking replacement for Duran

That's exactly what Chelsea will be thinking too...

14 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I would think he would be Chelsea’s backup option if they can’t land Osimhen.

Might need a bit of time for all the pieces to move before we know. 

Or they might just use their usual scattergun approach and buy them both, because they can? ;)

19 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Doubt footballers see it that way

London, big wages, recently successful club. 

In their mind villa can't offer that as insane as it sounds.

Onana saw it, not all footballers are the same.

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

He’s a perfect understudy / alternative to Ollie and can see both him & Felix being signed - ship out Durán & Archer 

Would be a fantastic upgrade.

Still worried about defence. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Onana saw it, not all footballers are the same.

There's the Emery factor. It gives us the advantage over most sides. Chelsea change their managers twice a season si zero stability at the club as well. 

Edited by PaulC

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â