Michael Kayode

maqroll

I have said many times that I think Konza will play right-back because of the limitations of playing Konza and Torres together in terms of our defensive ability in the air.  But I have to say that if our back five next season was:

Emi

Kayode  Konza  Torres  Maatsen

**** me but we'll be exciting and brilliant to watch. 

I don't know many people in Italy who don't think that Kayode will be their (our) starting right back at the next World Cup (assuming of course that Italy qualify for a change!).  Absolute serious baller and only going to get better and better under a good manager / coach plus he seems to be really switched on and an absolute sponge in terms of lapping up information an advice.  I think as a 15 year old he left Juve (?) to play in Serie D and described the move as "one step back to take two steps forward". 

Maybe Unai's plan is less about being better able to deal with crosses into the box and more about dealing with the issue at source and stopping the crosses coming in at all?  Some of the midfield signings add some decent height and aerial ability and so maybe that's with an eye on dealing with dead ball situations?

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â