Where's your hoover? - Your house is mental pal

T-Dog

2 hours ago, delboy54 said:

I remember getting a 32 inch telly and thinking it was massive...got a 42 inch TV now. Popped into currys the other day and new TV's are bl**dy huge.......who the hell has space in their house for an 85 inch telly?

Each telly we've had in the last 4 has got progressively bigger. And each on on arrival has seemed unfeasibly huge. Then it's just the telly again till you get the next bigger one. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

What's the most unnecessary big spend you've made on your house? 

Not really a BIG spend but when we had the bathroom done we got a mirrored bathroom cabinet with heated mirror doors. Was a hell of a lot more expensive than a standard mirrored cabinet. The bloke warned us that the doors always fail after a couple of years which they duly did so now we have a very expensive standard mirrored cabinet. 

It was brilliant whilst it worked though, it was my only input into the bathroom as I wanted to be able to see myself when shaving after others have misted it up when showering. 

30 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Not really a BIG spend but when we had the bathroom done we got a mirrored bathroom cabinet with heated mirror doors. Was a hell of a lot more expensive than a standard mirrored cabinet. The bloke warned us that the doors always fail after a couple of years which they duly did so now we have a very expensive standard mirrored cabinet. 

It was brilliant whilst it worked though, it was my only input into the bathroom as I wanted to be able to see myself when shaving after others have misted it up when showering. 

Oooh, I do like the sound of that (obvs when it was working). 

What one Smart Home device (either existing, or hypothetical) would you have if money was no object? 

Just now, T-Dog said:

Oooh, I do like the sound of that (obvs when it was working). 

What one Smart Home device (either existing, or hypothetical) would you have if money was no object? 

Blow job machine. Obviously. 

• Haha 2

On 24/06/2024 at 20:57, T-Dog said:

SIX bags to go shopping with? How much you buy in one shop brother? 

We fill about 6-7 bags on our weekly shop. Click & collect at Tesco, approx £125 p/w, if you’re interested 🤝

• Shocked 1

11 hours ago, T-Dog said:

What's the most unnecessary big spend you've made on your house? 

We had an extension done last year, and I’m sure some of it was ‘unnecessary’. But the space was needed. In terms of a single item, my wife wanted some daft, mirrored, marble looking sink & cupboard thing in the new bathroom, which was over a grand. That was unnecessary.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, sidcow said:

Blow job machine. Obviously. 

Having thought about it, this would only be on the proviso it was a sensible size so I could comfortably get my mouth around it 😜

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 2

Hoover - In the utility room

Main bin - in a drawer under the worktop in the kitchen

Recyling bin - standalon fliptop bin in the kitchen

Spare carrier bags - in the carrier bag breeding facility under the sink

Loft ladders and stairs are for girls, real men fall through an old disguised hatch 14 feet to the landing below.

• Haha 2

On 23/06/2024 at 21:18, T-Dog said:

I recently brought my first (second, but she took the first one, I'm over it, calm down, it was ten years ago) house.

I ask this genuinely - where should a hoover live? Is there a hoover cupboard? I don't have one.

Where do you keep your main, indoor bin?

Where do you store recycling when it's done? 

Carrier bags? - Drawer? Cupboard? Fussy little swines.

Tea towels - Currently in action, where do they go? Waiting for the call up? Currently rolled up in a big bottom (KW) drawer.

Be interested to hear how the rest of the crew sort their houses. Please share. But particularly the hoover. 

Hoover - cupboard in utility room, charging unit etc just out on the worktop.

Main bin - In pull-out compartment under kitchen island

Recycling - Secondary bin in pull-out compartment as above; glass sits in a couple of boxes on worktop in utility room

Carrier bags - In a box in a cupboard in the utility room

Tea towels - Currently in action, over an oven handle.  Waiting for call up, a bottom drawer in kitchen

On 26/06/2024 at 17:00, delboy54 said:

I remember getting a 32 inch telly and thinking it was massive...got a 42 inch TV now. Popped into currys the other day and new TV's are bl**dy huge.......who the hell has space in their house for an 85 inch telly?

One for the "things that piss me off" thread and a gripe for me at the moment.  I've got a 36 inch telly which is very old and has shadowing on the screen and needs to be replaced.  It fits very well but not quite perfectly within a chimney breast alcove in the lounge.  I think the optimal size would be a 38 inch telly... but they don't seem to exist anymore?  You can get 32 inch tellies and then it seems to jump to 40 inch as a possibility with 43 inch as the new "standard".  The model sizes I've checked are all slightly too big for the alcove.

Slowly resigning myself to the fact that there may be a slight overlap with the chimney breast... but don't like the idea of it so the shit telly is staying for now 😐 

33 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Hoover - cupboard in utility room, charging unit etc just out on the worktop.

Main bin - In pull-out compartment under kitchen island

Recycling - Secondary bin in pull-out compartment as above; glass sits in a couple of boxes on worktop in utility room

Carrier bags - In a box in a cupboard in the utility room

Tea towels - Currently in action, over an oven handle.  Waiting for call up, a bottom drawer in kitchen

One for the "things that piss me off" thread and a gripe for me at the moment.  I've got a 36 inch telly which is very old and has shadowing on the screen and needs to be replaced.  It fits very well but not quite perfectly within a chimney breast alcove in the lounge.  I think the optimal size would be a 38 inch telly... but they don't seem to exist anymore?  You can get 32 inch tellies and then it seems to jump to 40 inch as a possibility with 43 inch as the new "standard".  The model sizes I've checked are all slightly too big for the alcove.

Slowly resigning myself to the fact that there may be a slight overlap with the chimney breast... but don't like the idea of it so the shit telly is staying for now 😐 

I would think a modern 40" would take up less room than an old 38" as they tend to have much narrower edges these days. Have you measured the actual "true" size of them? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I would think a modern 40" would take up less room than an old 38" as they tend to have much narrower edges these days. Have you measured the actual "true" size of them? 

It’s more modern 43” to old 36” (there are some newer 40” models but not many/no real choice) and the sizes I’ve checked to date have all been cms off what I need. 

I brought some of those little box things that you put in your drawers from Ikea the other day, to organise your trainer socks, from your work socks and that. 

Absolute game changer. Honestly, never know such a 'level up' in house organisation. It's changed my life. Going back to get some more.

7 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

I brought some of those little box things that you put in your drawers from Ikea the other day, to organise your trainer socks, from your work socks and that. 

Absolute game changer. Honestly, never know such a 'level up' in house organisation. It's changed my life. Going back to get some more.

Big sock collection, eh?

27 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Big sock collection, eh?

Unfortunately, just a lot of very small socks :( 

• 2 weeks later...

So, being the Alpha male that I am, I'm sat at home suppin' a cuppa, eating a French fancy (say hello Lucille) and watching Lawrence Llewyn-Bowen on a show called Outrageous Homes (ch4, check it).

There's a woman who has a velvet covered ceiling and fake trees indoors, and a bloke that has turned his house into an old Western style saloon. 

No idea where they keep their hoovers.

What's the oddest thing you have on display? 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â