Where's your hoover? - Your house is mental pal

T-Dog

1 hour ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

OK.  Let's stop this trivial chat and start getting serious.........

1. Do you have a loft ladder or do you have to drag a step ladder up the stairs? 

2. When you buy a new washer, do you save the transport bolts that stop the drum rotating just in case you need them? 

🤯

Yeah baby!  This thread just got serious! 

Loft ladders are for amateurs. Loft stairs mate. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We have a pretty much full height attic, with a normal staircase. The loft proper is so tiny we have no use for it. 

Edited by mjmooney

2 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

1. Do you have a loft ladder or do you have to drag a step ladder up the stairs? 

2. When you buy a new washer, do you save the transport bolts that stop the drum rotating just in case you need them? 

🤯

1. yes, metal retractable ones that you get down with a hook, changed my life

2. of course, they go in the assorted fixings tub

9 hours ago, T-Dog said:

Where do you order from sir? Me and my knucklehead housemate have tried a few and have been banging, others, a nightmare

Weekly from Asda, best prices.

Around once every six weeks I have an Iceland delivery as their bacon, sausage and frozen stuff is always on offer.

Im also signed up with Ocado who I stopped using as they are hugely expensive, and occasionally I’ll use Sainsbury’s if something is a real good deal.

11 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Cant believe some of you suckers actually go out shopping, when they will bring it to your door and you don't have to suffer "supermarket scum".

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Don't trust them to pick the right stuff. 

See post above. 

I find food shopping quite therapeutic but it depends very much on the store and if they have those hand-scanners so you can pack it all during your shopping and not have to unload it all to a cashier and then pack it up again.

And I've seen the pond-life that that packs your online shopping and the so called drivers that deliver it. Those people are not touching my stuff, ever. I'm trying to get to grips with the fact that the the same type of people are the ones that puts the items on shelves in the first place, but I'm not quite there yet. In my head it just poffs into existence.

Anyway, my house, it's a lovely comfy mess but the vacuum is always seen at the ready by the kitchen entrance, and the missing transition trim really needs to be fixed......like a few years ago.

ltuGI7Q.jpeg

And this is why Off Topic (without psr) rules

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

🤯

1. Neither.  No loft ladder, the hatches are too wee. But I keep a ladder in the spare room upstairs.

2. Yes, obviously. Somewhere in the garage… though I’m not sure exactly where. Maybe in with various plumbing parts and tools in the plumbing bin thing.

Great thread!

We have wardrobe-type storage in the porch which has the fuse board, gas and electric meters, coat hooks and space for hoover, iron and ironing board.

We have one bin in the kitchen which is for non-recyclables. Recycling lives in that week's HelloFresh box (or another cardboard box if we're not doing HelloFresh at the time) in the utility room until it needs to go to the outside recycling bin.

Our kitchen has a little space underneath the sink and to the right which is like a wine rack without the individual shelves where we stuff the carrier bags (both hefty and standard). We both also have one each in our cars for emergency shopping.

We have two pegs for teatowels and those not in use live in the fourth draw. Think that's everything haha!

6 hours ago, rjenkins said:

Great thread!

We have wardrobe-type storage in the porch which has the fuse board, gas and electric meters, coat hooks and space for hoover, iron and ironing board.

We have one bin in the kitchen which is for non-recyclables. Recycling lives in that week's HelloFresh box (or another cardboard box if we're not doing HelloFresh at the time) in the utility room until it needs to go to the outside recycling bin.

Our kitchen has a little space underneath the sink and to the right which is like a wine rack without the individual shelves where we stuff the carrier bags (both hefty and standard). We both also have one each in our cars for emergency shopping.

We have two pegs for teatowels and those not in use live in the fourth draw. Think that's everything haha!

That's the dream, right there. 

This house has a sliding ladder for the loft. It's alright, but I'd prefer proper fold out stairs.

What do you do with your spare room? 

Love the idea of having all the meters in one place, that's some lovely design that. 

18 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Cant believe some of you suckers actually go out shopping, when they will bring it to your door and you don't have to suffer "supermarket scum".

I don't know what I want until I get to the supermarket! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

This has to be one of you freaks 🤣

Not me, if I needed a musical reminder it would be this... 

• Like 2

I remember getting a 32 inch telly and thinking it was massive...got a 42 inch TV now. Popped into currys the other day and new TV's are bl**dy huge.......who the hell has space in their house for an 85 inch telly?

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â