Where's your hoover? - Your house is mental pal

T-Dog

42 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

None. Those days of having a bag of bags are long gone.

Don’t remember the last time we left a shop with one.

You carry your shopping 'in hand'?

1 minute ago, T-Dog said:

I mean, it feels like we've got the wrong name for it based on that. Kitchen towel makes a lot more sense. Bloody obsessed with tea us lot.

Not as much as with chocolate, it seems 🤣

15 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

very few. during the football season i have a system, keep the carrier bag that take aways insist on bringing my kebab in and use it for my beers the following saturday/sunday. get a kebab when i get back after the match, rinse and repeat

Shame you said kebab and not burger, because there was good opportunity to nickname you Greta Thun-burger there. Environmentally friendly and also a burger fan. 

Where do you keep the ironing board? That's a tricky one that. 

Also, how many chopping boards vs how many 'big' knives in the kitchen? 

36 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

I mean, it feels like we've got the wrong name for it based on that. Kitchen towel makes a lot more sense. Bloody obsessed with tea us lot.

Kitchen towel is something completely different and entirely disposable though :D 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

No, I have a bag.

You would go shopping without a bag?

See, my housemate refuses to buy a bag, he'll literally balance a pack of bacon on his head to save 30p and then drop a box of beers that cost £12 and ruin them all. 

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Kitchen towel is something completely different and entirely disposable though :D 

Kitchen roll? 

Towel in our house :D 

Blame the missus it’s stuck

Hold on, what do you use to dry the dishes and what's it called? I'm getting confused here. 

41 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

You carry your shopping 'in hand'?

No he takes proper shopping bags shopping. Isn’t that what everyone does these days. I’ve got about 6 in the boot of the car. When it’s emptied it goes back in the boot next time I’m leaving the flat

Does anyone else have a tea/coffee making station? An area in the kitchen where there's a tray or tea/kitchen/towel/rag/cloth that is specifically designated for making hot drinks? The hot drink related arena?

Just now, T-Dog said:

Hold on, what do you use to dry the dishes and what's it called? I'm getting confused here. 

Dry the dishes? What kind of Stone Age behaviour is this?

The missus will use tea towels but I just leave it to bloody dry by itself :D 

• Haha 1

No he takes proper shopping bags shopping. Isn’t that what everyone does these days. I’ve got about 6 in the boot of the car. When it’s emptied it goes back in the boot next time I’m leaving the flat

SIX bags to go shopping with? How much you buy in one shop brother? 

Just now, T-Dog said:

Does anyone else have a tea/coffee making station? An area in the kitchen where there's a tray or tea/kitchen/towel/rag/cloth that is specifically designated for making hot drinks? The hot drink related arena?

Yep, right corner after the chopping boards though the toaster shares a plug socket with the kettle (not at the same time) we don’t often use the kettle though

Dry the dishes? What kind of Stone Age behaviour is this?

The missus will use tea towels but I just leave it to bloody dry by itself :D 

Kitchen towel mate, I'm with @Nor-Cal Villan - we named it wrong this time. (Paul Revere, this one's for you)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, T-Dog said:

I don’t think I’ve got close to using that many but as they generally just accumulate because they are generally from work and branded

Just now, bickster said:

Yep, right corner after the chopping boards though the toaster shares a plug socket with the kettle (not at the same time) we don’t often use the kettle though

Yeah, it's similar here too, but that lead on the kettle is frustratingly short. I can move everything else around the house bar that **** Delonghi water boiling bastard.

• Haha 1

I don’t think I’ve got close to using that many but as they generally just accumulate because they are generally from work and branded

We talking the industrial shopping bags? Bag for life? Them big bastards with tall sides and a wide bottom (oo-er)

24 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

Six in the boot of the car is amateur numbers. Cupboard under the stairs is also full of them. Probably enough for every resident of a medium sized seaside town. And they’re supposed to be good for the environment? 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â