Where's your hoover? - Your house is mental pal

T-Dog

Posted (edited)

I have a cupboard at the top of the stairs which has various things in, spare toiletries, clothes horse, ironing board…the vacuum cleaner is in there. 

Main indoor bin is a 30l bin, situated in the kitchen.

Recycling has stages. When plastic, tins and glass are finished with, they are placed in the utility near the back door. When there’s a small collection, they go in the recycling wheelie bin which is just outside the back door. Paper and cardboard are put to the side in the kitchen, until a worthwhile amount is built up to take through to the cardboard recycling sack situated in the integral garage.

Carrier bags are in “the secret cupboard”. There’s some would be dead space occupying the corner kitchen units, one of the back panels is really a door, sans handle. So the dead space is being utilised. They live in there.

Tea towels in use are hanging up on a rail. Those not in use are in a kitchen drawer.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

My very first house was a 2 up 2 down mid terraced property. This was back in the 1980's it cost 25k (sorry!).

Anyway I wasn't the most fastidious at cleaning the house and when I bought my girlfriend (now the wife) round to my house for the first time she asked "where is your Hoover?, the carpet looks dirty". 

I replied "have no idea, I have one but not sure where it is!" (Remember the size of the house...)

When we did find it, it was so heavy it had not been emptied for probably a year. The Hoover bag was so compacted it was like a mini bag of cement😂

I am better at cleaning now, she has nearly domesticated me now after 33 years of marriage. ..

My recycling big blue bin is in the garage. My plastic wrapper bag is in the garage, the cardboard and paper bag is in the garage, the tetrapak hasket is in the garage, the bag of bags to recycle is in the garage. These are all seperate. I have just remembered the third hoover and the carpet cleaner are also in the garage. 

10 hours ago, T-Dog said:

I recently brought my first (second, but she took the first one, I'm over it, calm down, it was ten years ago) house.

I ask this genuinely - where should a hoover live? Is there a hoover cupboard? I don't have one.

Where do you keep your main, indoor bin?

Where do you store recycling when it's done? 

Carrier bags? - Drawer? Cupboard? Fussy little swines.

Tea towels - Currently in action, where do they go? Waiting for the call up? Currently rolled up in a big bottom (KW) drawer.

Be interested to hear how the rest of the crew sort their houses. Please share. But particularly the hoover. 

boring one for me

hoover - cupboard where the electric meter etc lives (no idea where we would put it if we didn't have that)

indoor bin - kitchen

recycling - box under the sink

carrier bags - chucked between that small gap between fridge and counter

tea towels - we have a box of tea towels, bath mats etc waiting for their call up. now i think about it, kinda feel bad for those at the bottom as there's no squad rotation going on, once washed they go to the top so we just use the same 2/3

21 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Christ, this topic....

Villa Talk has officially run out of things to talk about. 😆

We have a dedicated boring thread. 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Hoover. Under the stairs. And in the garage. We are a 2 hoover house. Cordless and corded. 
Main bin is in the kitchen. 
Recycling is in the garage. 

This. Word for word. 

Screenshot_2024-06-24-09-08-50-15_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg

Screenshot_2024-06-24-09-08-55-80_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg

Edited by mjmooney

'Hoover' is one of the worst examples of a brand name becoming the universal name for an item.

By and large West Midlanders do seem immune to it though.  I always grew up saying vac and not until I got to uni did I notice all of these hoover monsters.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

We have a dedicated boring thread. 

This one is just a practice drill.

under the stairs for the vac and the (not used) bin. Just put all the waste etc in the council bins and composter outside the kitchen door. Tea towels on a special rail thing under the counter, shopping bags on top of a cupboard.

If any person criticises this thread but contributed to that counting thread, then you need to take time out and consider your actions. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

This. Word for word. 

Screenshot_2024-06-24-09-08-50-15_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg

Screenshot_2024-06-24-09-08-55-80_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg

I have one of those cupboards, but we keep our safe there

Hoover is in the laundry room in a cupboard next to the Brexit cupboard

Plastic bags are folded in a certain way that she got off Facebook and stored in a peg bag in the laundry room. it’s very clever but I can’t do it nor do I want to learn how to.

recycling goes in a bucket under the sink and the cardboard goes out in the outbuilding or in the corner of the gym if the boys do it) for a tip run every couple of weeks (always amazes me the amount of cardboard we accumulate) 

Tea towels in the cupboard next to the sink 

Main bin is next to the dishwasher, but all rooms have their own separate bin

Have a Roborock hoover, while it is good at hoovering and washing the floors by itself it also excels at sending our data to China. We call it Xi, and it refuses to work if we discuss Taiwan.

Edited by magnkarl
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

Have a Roborock hoover, while it is good at hoovering and washing the floors by itself it also excels at sending our data to China. We call it Xi, and it refuses to work if we discuss Taiwan.

Amazed yours is still working. The OH and her bestie both had them when they worked in China. Always raved about them. Both have since left the People’s Republic and are both now in Europe. Both lasted a month before they packed up completely. Pretty sure it’s still recording though, even if it’s retired from actual vacuuming.

All 3 in the garage.

dyson charging on the wall 

shark stored out there but battery removes for charging which is done in the utility room

hetty also parked up out there, she’s corded but only cleans the insides of the cars

all seems quite excessive when you write it down 🤦‍♂️

I need a door under my stairs. That's what I need.

Then the hoover/vacuum situation is sorted I think.

What's the most out of place thing in your house? 

3 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

What's the most out of place thing in your house? 

A Joe Pasquale DVD.

• Haha 4

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â