Snap Poll! Who do you want in as the next England Manager?

maqroll

Snap Poll! Who do you want to be the next England Manager?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Snap Poll! Who do you want to be the next England Manager?

• Jurgen Klopp
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Mauricio Pochettino
    • Roberto De Zerbi
    • David Moyes
    • Eddie Howe
    • Rob Edwards
    • Graham Potter
    • Joachim Low
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other
    • Dean Smith

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/06/24 at 03:45

I think it's kind of cheating to parachute in one of the world's best managers.  Managing and coaching should be included in determining a nation's overall quality at these tournaments imo.  I've had a feeling it will be Potter but would rather Howe got it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Who I'd like and who I think are two different things.

I'd like Thomas Frank as I think he's a positive manager who can change systems to suit opponents, and fit players into those systems.

I think it'll be Lee Carsley. FA know him, works with the U21's, will be cheap in relation to better coaches, and hasn't caused any PR problems.

That would be such an FA type appointment, Carsley that is.

Edited by Strog
  • Like 1

Really I don't know. Someone who can get the best out of the talented group of players we have and play a style of football which is attractive to watch. Southgate has got us closer to winning a major trophy than every manager since Ramsey yet the football is turgid and he's not getting the best out of the players we have. I think both Smith and Potter wouid be out of their depth. Howe probably the only viable English manager 

I’d take Dr. Jo Venglos over this idiot and he’s be dead a few years.

No Jose in the poll? He certainly understands English football culture and would be able to handle the egos and the media.

• Like 1

Id love Klopp but can’t see it. It isn’t much of a pull to manage the national team anymore. I don’t think Potter or Howe would necessarily jump at the opportunity.

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

I’d take Dr. Jo Venglos over this idiot and he’s be dead a few years.

No Jose in the poll? He certainly understands English football culture and would be able to handle the egos and the media.

Jose just took a new job and probably paid more 

Probably be Potter if it's straight after the tournament.

Think he needs another club job first otherwise the stigma of his six months at Chelsea will be brought up every time England have a poor result under him.

If they wait a few more months then Howe will probably be available.

Intriguing choice is Tuchel if he isn't in a club job early next season. He loved living in London by all accounts so would be interested.

2 hours ago, Strog said:

That would be such an FA type appointment, Carsley that is.

Spain appointed a youth team coach and they've comfortably looked the best team in this tournament so far.

Steve Cooper would've been a decent fit as he managed all of Gallagher, Foden, Guehi and Sancho for the under 17s and done good work in club football since but taking the Leicester job probably rules him out for another four years as the next one in will get two tournaments unless they make a disaster of it.

• Like 1

Actual vote goes to Deano, because I'll love that man forever and it'd be nice to actually give a shit about how England fares for the first time in decades.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Actual vote goes to Deano, because I'll love that man forever and it'd be nice to actually give a shit about how England fares for the first time in decades.

Not to mention the small matter of being able to coach a group of footballers to play attacking football to roughly the standard of their ability.

11 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Who I'd like and who I think are two different things.

I'd like Thomas Frank as I think he's a positive manager who can change systems to suit opponents, and fit players into those systems.

I think it'll be Lee Carsley. FA know him, works with the U21's, will be cheap in relation to better coaches, and hasn't caused any PR problems.

If ita carsley we might as well give up on winning anything.

Not a big enough name. We need a bigger name

deano or howe

it doesn't need a tactical mastermind, it cant be the likes of klopp where players live him day to day and buy in to him

square pegs in square holes, generally attack minded, gets the players happy and enthused - that's enough

45 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

we don't

that's not what international football is

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

we don't

that's not what international football is

You do as shown with southgate. He never should have been given the opportunity to manage england.he failed as boro manager and his only other role was with u21s. Carsley has less experience that southgate did.You need a manager that knows what he is doing. You stick a poch or pep in england and you watch the difference 

Edited by Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

You do as shown with southgate. He never should have been given the opportunity to manage england.he failed as boro manager and his only other role was with u21s. Carsley has less experience that southgate did.You need a manager that knows what he is doing. You stick a poch or pep in england and you watch the difference 

Poch? 

Just now, Genie said:

Poch? 

I think poch (forget he is Argentinian for a minute) is the exact manager we need. Has worked with a lot of these players and really will get them playing

12 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Any time Carsley has been talked about taking a managerial role, he's stated that he prefers to work with youth teams. Not sure he'd be interested.

50 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The FA have different opinions on "names" than you or I. They want someone who's not going to rock the boat, will be nice to the media, and their personal life won't cause embarrassment. Nothing to upset the sponsors and stop the cash rolling in.

They don't want a demanding person with their own ideas on how the setup should work.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â