Snap Poll! Who do you want in as the next England Manager?

maqroll

Snap Poll! Who do you want to be the next England Manager?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Snap Poll! Who do you want to be the next England Manager?

• Jurgen Klopp
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Mauricio Pochettino
    • Roberto De Zerbi
    • David Moyes
    • Eddie Howe
    • Rob Edwards
    • Graham Potter
    • Joachim Low
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other
    • Dean Smith

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/06/24 at 03:45

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

People of Argentina would care if Eddie Howe became manager

You are just speculating

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

So it's clear that being a "big name" should not be the only criteria for selecting a manager.  Capello was a big name, so was Sven.

I disagree. With sven and capello neither managed in egland club level before this. I think having poch or potter who has and worked with some of these players adds a lot of value 

Carsley is another southgate  achieved nothing in the game. You want a winner someone that will command respect. Just hope they dont **** go for gerrard or lampard!

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

And look at the talent he has.

Southgates got as much riches as they do yet is totally **** hopeless. You get someone like poch or potter you see a massive difference 

Everytime you mention Poch I just laugh 😂 no Argentinian will manage England

Would be like Villa hiring Troy Deeney as manager

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

You are just speculating

I disagree. With sven and capello neither managed in egland club level before this. I think having poch or potter who has and worked with some of these players adds a lot of value 

Carsley is another southgate  achieved nothing in the game. You want a winner someone that will command respect. Just hope they dont **** go for gerrard or lampard!

What does that matter? They both managed in and won Serie A, the best league in the world at the time.  

You've literally just described Gerrard and Lampard and then said you don;y want them 🤣

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think you are just making it more a bigger deal than it actually is

I think poch will want more of a club level job more to turn it down than the reasons you allude to

I think you are just making it more a bigger deal than it actually is

I think poch will want more of a club level job more to turn it down than the reasons you allude to

Its a huge deal for Argentinians. They just voted in a guy who wants reclaim the Falklands

Edited by Zatman

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

What does that matter? They both managed in and won Serie A, the best league in the world at the time.  

You've literally just described Gerrard and Lampard and then said you don;y want them 🤣

I explained why it matters in the post - the two i mentioned have worked with these players. Those two didnt. They dont know the english way like poch does for example. Poch has worked with kane for example and git bwst out of him. Sven hadnt worked with any of them as far as i am aware before he came.

How have i described gerrard and lampard ? Are you saying these two are on same level as poch potter and howe ?

Howe for me.  I think if the timing works amd we wait for his sacking he'd take it after Newcastle, as he'd be getting a huge payout from them and may fancy something different.

If not, then i'd be happy with Smith. Shown he can get a tune out of what he's dealt, which is key in international football. I think he'd get Foden, Saka, Bellingham, and Watkins playing some brilliant football. 

I explained why it matters in the post - the two i mentioned have worked with these players. Those two didnt. They dont know the english way like poch does for example. Poch has worked with kane for example and git bwst out of him. Sven hadnt worked with any of them as far as i am aware before he came.

How have i described gerrard and lampard ? Are you saying these two are on same level as poch potter and howe ?

"You want a winner someone that will command respect"

Howe is a modern MON (and magic inhalers, allegedly). He wouldn’t be a long term solution. His style of football will burn out and lead to injuries in training. Someone like Potter would be a better name. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So, the new manager needs to have worked with the players before?  That's it settled then, Carsley has worked with Gordon, Palmer, Gallagher, Guehi, Wharton as well as other players who'll be in and around the squad in the future like Branthwaite, Colwill, Ramsey and Quansah. Glad we've agreed on that 🤣

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

So, the new manager needs to have worked with the players before?  That's it settled then, Carsley has worked with Gordon, Palmer, Gallagher, Guehi, Wharton as well as other players who'll be in and around the squad in the future like Branthwaite, Colwill, Ramsey and Quansah. Glad we've agreed on that 🤣

So did southgate with some of our existing squad hows that worked out 😂

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So did southgate with some of our existing squad hows that worked out 😂

England 2nd most successful manager ever

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The final was in england and he still couldnt get it done against a pretty poor italian team and onw of our strongest squads

You seem a fan of southgate - i take it you would happily welcome as ireland manager ?

Edited by Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Also, same as every other manager bar one and one nothing. Football is horrible to watch too.

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The final was in england and he still couldnt get it done against a pretty poor italian team and onw of our strongest squads

You seem a fan of southgate - i take it you would happily welcome as ireland manager ?

a huge fan, pity he is doing a great job for England so wouldnt want England fans to miss out 😛  

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Zatman said:

a huge fan, pity he is doing a great job for England so wouldnt want England fans to miss out 😛  

Oh no we insist - we dont want to be selfish and take all the glory we need to share that success with our Irish friends 😆

4 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Howe is a modern MON (and magic inhalers, allegedly). He wouldn’t be a long term solution. His style of football will burn out and lead to injuries in training. Someone like Potter would be a better name. 

but the argument is that england dont have the same prolonged spells of training for the players to burn out

potter is the opposite, he wouldnt get long enough with the players to effectively get his style across

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

True people still remember the Falkland war. No chance!

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

but the argument is that england dont have the same prolonged spells of training for the players to burn out

potter is the opposite, he wouldnt get long enough with the players to effectively get his style across

I'm sure most of potters formations would have been used by the players at club level.  You can clearly see that Southgate isn't telling them how to play out of certain situations,  Kane actually said he's told them nothing about pressing or covering him when he goes walkabout. It's not just Southgate, Holland should bring some ideas to the table,  instead he doesn't offer anything at all. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â