limpid

General Election Results 2024  

28 members have voted

1. 1. How many Labour MPs?

2. 2. How many Liberal Democrat MPs?

3. 3. How many Conservative MPs?

4. 4. What will the turnout be?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/06/24 at 17:00

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Reform have about as much chance of getting 30% of the seats as I have of getting the England job once Southgate is sacked

Oh for **** sake. Your predictions are bloody awful, you know its going to happen now. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

As a one time Labour member and thus on their mailing list, I'm getting absolutely inundated with emails begging for money.

I’m on a Green Party mailing list, they must have someone writing emails all day.

Proper rambling old fashioned emails.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, MCU said:

I assume you've done the sums for the other parties and concluded they can pay for everything they promise then?

I haven't done any sums. There are people like the IFS who do that for you.

And it's been widely reported over the last couple of weeks how insane Reform's "contract" is and how there's absolutely no way they could pay for it.

I think labour and Conservative would both struggle to pay for their manifestos, but at least they have an outline of how they would pay for stuff, even if it would be challenging. The amounts we're talking about are at least realistic challenges.

Reform's is just complete **** nonsense. Even accepting the way they'd pay for it comes up tens of billions of pounds short

Edited by Stevo985

Just now, Genie said:

How much will Reform’s replacing everybody in the home office with believers cost?

They're probably part of the completely unspecified "government waste" which will raise *licks finger and puts it in the air* 50 billion quid. Probably. Honest.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I haven't done any sums. There are people like the IFS who do that for you.

And it's been widely reported over the last couple of weeks how insane Reform's "contract" is and how there's absolutely no way they could pay for it.

I think labour and Conservative would both struggle to pay for their manifestos, but at least they have an outline of how they would pay for stuff, even if it would be challenging. The amounts we're talking about are at least realistic challenges.

Reform's is just complete **** nonsense. Even accepting the way they'd pay for it comes up tens of billions of pounds short

This is what the IFS concluded. It's a barrel load of nonsense.

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

This is what the IFS concluded. It's a barrel load of nonsense.

Exactly.

It's back of a fag packet stuff. And even that is generous

The IFS has said labour and the tories are both lying to us saying they can't see how they pay for their manifestos without raising taxes.  What a shock

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

We’re now in the silly season for polls. The late#t sideshow piece is this.

That one was hardly worth polling. 

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

That one was hardly worth polling. 

Well I'm shocked the Tories polled so low in the worst if I’m honest, also a bit shocked at the Labour figures for best

But it really is a sideshow of a poll

If they end up with 70 seats, I’m buying the beer.

Well fair play, the Labour candidate just knocked the door.

That’s at least the third time they’ve worked this street and this time it was the actual guy. Ten days out and working the town.

For contrast, I’ve seen more of Jay Slater than the tory incumbent. His last tweet was in April (Alun’s, not Jay’s).

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

As a one time Labour member and thus on their mailing list, I'm getting absolutely inundated with emails begging for money.

It’s relentless, isn’t it? Still, nice to be able to say Sir Kier or Imelda Staunton just sent me an email. 

• Haha 2

Just got in from a local hustings. Greens came out best; Lib Dem bloke good also, particularly on devolving power. Candidate for Labour did well too; towed the party line but took some significant and surprising stances to the contrary - most pleasingly she is in favour of electoral reform. 

Reform chap was a shambles, kept talking about discrimination against white men and claimed pollution is a lie. The English Democrat was predictably racist, and the independent was at least half-cut.

Most importantly, the Tory incumbent was abysmal and got heckled and laughed at. He will finally be **** off on July 4th.

Edited by DaoDeMings
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, DaoDeMings said:

Just got in from a local hustings. Greens came out best; Lib Dem bloke good also, particularly on devolving power. Candidate for Labour did well too; towed the party line but took some significant and surprising stances to the contrary - most pleasingly she is in favour of electoral reform. 

Reform chap was a shambles, kept talking about discrimination against white men and claimed pollution is a lie. The English Democrat was predictably racist, and the independent was at least half-cut.

Most importantly, the Tory incumbent was abysmal and got heckled and laughed at. He will finally be **** off on July 4th.

Which seat if you don’t mind me asking?

9 days to go and the stories in the news currently are todays snippet from the betting scandal, prisons will be absolutely full before election day, £1billion of PPE from covid being destroyed.

Sunak’s going to need quite a strong final week to edge ahead.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, DaoDeMings said:

As a minor, but well-known foot-soldier on the bad guys' team during the Brexit Wars, Kawczynski will be a nice one to raise a glass and a round of "cheerios" to on July 5th.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 3