limpid

General Election Results 2024  

28 members have voted

1. 1. How many Labour MPs?

2. 2. How many Liberal Democrat MPs?

3. 3. How many Conservative MPs?

4. 4. What will the turnout be?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/06/24 at 17:00

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He bet against himself, what a **** idiot

I don't think this is quite as bad as it very much looks like one isolated idiot rather than the more endemic corruption in cchq, but what a way to fuel the "all the same" nonsense

Depends when the bet was and if he'd started canvassing, having knowledge of canvassing returns

Oh and this could open up a big can of worms for the LibDems

Its quite routine for them to bet on themselves, it’s part of their strategy apparently

32 minutes ago, bickster said:

Depends when the bet was and if he'd started canvassing, having knowledge of canvassing returns

Even if he doesn't have more knowledge than the general public, betting against himself is incredibly problematic, much more so than betting for himself. He's more able to influence the outcome, even if it wouldn't make much sense. "Ahead in the polls, better start praising Putin so my bet comes in"

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

So that's 2 tories being investigated and now 1 Labour, for election related gambling. Starmer will be seething, they're almost equally as bad. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

So that's 2 tories being investigated and now 1 Labour, for election related gambling. Starmer will be seething, they're almost equally as bad. 

It’s 5 Tories

Just now, Jareth said:

Standing for election?

What’s that got to do with anything, the latest is a minister who is standing down but was a minister at the time he placed the bet

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

And the fifth one represents the same constituency as Sunak's suspended aide. What are the chances.

I got a bit confused, it's six not five, even though Alister Jack isn’t yet under investigation (absolutely nailed on he will be), even though he isn’t standing, I think he’s technically still Minister of State for Scotland until July 5th.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

What’s that got to do with anything, the latest is a minister who is standing down but was a minister at the time he placed the bet

Yeah I bet starmer couldn’t care less 

15 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Yeah I bet starmer couldn’t care less 

Serious answer though I imagine he’s conflicted. One the one hand he’ll be disappointed about the candidate being a dick and dragging Labour into the betting thing. He’ll be relieved it was such a stupid bet but he’ll also be pleased that it gave him the opportunity to show how it should have been done by the Tories in the first place.

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

Serious answer though I imagine he’s conflicted. One the one hand he’ll be disappointed about the candidate being a dick and dragging Labour into the betting thing. He’ll be relieved it was such a stupid bet but he’ll also be pleased that it gave him the opportunity to show how it should have been done by the Tories in the first place.

I don't see much damage either, probably the first thing that has landed in the tories laps this election, they're gonna need a bigger slice of luck than that. 

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

I don't see much damage either, probably the first thing that has landed in the tories laps this election, they're gonna need a bigger slice of luck than that. 

Definitely

Ok the Islington North poll commissioned by Corbynistas Novawatsits is causing some people some really amusing mental gymnastics. Here’s a prize example…