limpid

General Election Results 2024  

28 members have voted

1. 1. How many Labour MPs?

2. 2. How many Liberal Democrat MPs?

3. 3. How many Conservative MPs?

4. 4. What will the turnout be?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/06/24 at 17:00

Was out in the Yorkshire dales yesterday, drove through some of the most trad Tory spots. Saw a surprising number of Labour posters and only two Conservative ones. Although I suspect that many may just be too embarrassed to display them, but will still vote Tory on the day. 

30 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Presumably they are normally strong Tory territory. Oh well news :) 

Yep, nearly always votes blue. But the demographics are changing to suit Labour/Libs/Greens. The boundaries have recently shifted too to exclude some of the more rural villages so hopefully the Tories won’t be back for a good while

• Like 2

This is one of the roots of a lot of the issues in the NHS at the moment. Can't get a GP appointment so end up in A&E waiting 5,6,7,8 hours to be seen. The wilful destruction of our NHS over the last 14 years has been shameful. Chickens coming home to roost though with the NHS top of peoples concerns in this election.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

As a minor, but well-known foot-soldier on the bag guys' team during the Brexit Wars, Kawczynski will be a nice one to raise a glass and a round of "cheerios" to on July 5th.

He’s a twerp. Jacob Rees-Mogg wannabe.

12 minutes ago, DaoDeMings said:

He’s a twerp. Jacob Rees-Mogg wannabe.

There's a quote somewhere from another Tory MP that describes him as the thickest MP in history

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Just in case you want to hate Gillian Keegan a little bit more

Excellent questioning as ever by Vic

blimey, desperate stuff - you can feel the stress from a distance -trying to move off the topic saying "this issue will come and go like many other issues..." so let's talk about....Victoria is so good at this, practically responding "nah, it doesn't work like that, we're gonna talk about this until we either run the clock down or your head explodes

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

9 days to go and the stories in the news currently are todays snippet from the betting scandal, prisons will be absolutely full before election day, £1billion of PPE from covid being destroyed.

Sunak’s going to need quite a strong final week to edge ahead.

Any day now, he's going to do something huge. Enormous. You'll see

Just now, bickster said:

You did, I'm very pleased you were correct. Let's hope it continues

I am little surprised that the polls have the Tories picking up the votes. I think many of these voters just won’t vote all tbh. 

Reform were the alternative to Conservative and Labour. With them also being unvotable I think it’ll mean a lower turnout.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

I am little surprised that the polls have the Tories picking up the votes. I think many of these voters just won’t vote all tbh. 

Reform were the alternative to Conservative and Labour. With them also being unvotable I think it’ll mean a lower turnout.

Could yet increase LibDem, there's already evidence of that in the same polls

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bickster said:

Just in case you want to hate Gillian Keegan a little bit more

Excellent questioning as ever by Vic

Can understand her frustration though. Why is it that the media keep on banging on about the barrel of rotten apples and not the good work of those few specimens that remain comparatively  unblemished? It feels so unjust. 

• Haha 1

Helpful reminder from Labour that stupid venal idiots wear rosettes of all colours. 

But fair  play to them for acting quickly and enabling it to be a point of difference from the corrupt bunch running the country

He bet against himself, what a **** idiot

I don't think this is quite as bad as it very much looks like one isolated idiot rather than the more endemic corruption in cchq, but what a way to fuel the "all the same" nonsense

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He bet against himself, what a **** idiot

I don't think this is quite as bad as it very much looks like one isolated idiot rather than the more endemic corruption in cchq, but what a way to fuel the "all the same" nonsense

I dont think you can defend that. Both parties have idiots - just the tories have more (that we know about)

I just cant believe this one why would you bet against yourself 😂 what a fool