limpid

General Election Results 2024  

28 members have voted

1. 1. How many Labour MPs?

2. 2. How many Liberal Democrat MPs?

3. 3. How many Conservative MPs?

4. 4. What will the turnout be?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/06/24 at 17:00

27 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

If those ads are legal, they shouldn't be.

My understanding is that they are legal. There is nothing stopping you lying about another party's policy as far as I'm aware. There are rules about misrepresenting other candidates (see Phil Woolas).

There’s also a bit of a fuss about them claiming to be emergency alerts but let’s face it these are FB ads.

But yes there are less stringent rules about political advertising than there is actual product advertising (and they are controlled by completely different Quangos)

• Like 1

Oh we have a contender for dumbest electoral complaint. You mean the person of voting age on the electoral roll? How on earth did they get her details. (And given she’s in Scotland has been on it since 16!) 

UK election campaign kerfuffles seem to be achieving new levels of physiological discourse. Colour me impressed. Evidently, a woman is "with" a vagina, we're learning. A man, by amazing contrast, is "with" something different. OK, are we ready to move forward in that intricate shared knowledge now? 🤣

Last year, the Labour leader said "99.9% of women" do not have a penis and in 2021 stated it was "not right" for Labour MP Rosie Duffield to say that "only women have a cervix".

On Thursday night, he said he agreed with former Labour leader Sir Tony Blair's position on the issue, saying "biologically, a woman is with a vagina and a man is with a penis".

• Haha 1

I wasn't sure what made me wince more when I heard that the other night, that he gave all of the mashup YouTubers "penis" and "vagina" to include in their videos, or that he thought the war criminal was the guy to cite on his gender identity politics.

• Haha 1

Was in (the proper) Newport today. Green candidate wanted to give me a leaflet and I refused it. Got 100 yards away. Turned round and doubled back before being a typical namby pamby liberal and apologised that it was due to it not being my constituency and not because I was against yoghurt knitting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Was in (the proper) Newport today. Green candidate wanted to give me a leaflet and I refused it. Got 100 yards away. Turned round and doubled back before being a typical namby pamby liberal and apologised that it was due to it not being my constituency and not because I was against yoghurt knitting. 

I wish more people possessed nambys and pambys. Feel like I can't walk down the street without running into ten incel guys with long beards performing compensatory Maleness.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

A Compass/Neal Lawson pressure operation, it seems.

He has the best of intentions I think but Labour don't like collaborators

• Like 1

So for just to clarify the bet you are making Nick Mason, when do you think the General Election will take place?

<points to July on calendar>

“One of these days…”

• Like 4

9 hours ago, bickster said:

Case in point… A what tax exactly? How would such a tax work?

It's a fair point. They've not ruled out an orgasm tax either. I'm stopping wanking just in case. 

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's a fair point. They've not ruled out an orgasm tax either. I'm stopping wanking just in case. 

People fought and died for our right to wank without being taxed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No shock there is there. They showed with partygate that they thought they were above the law, and they've done nothing to change that culture. It's not one or 2 unlinked individuals, it's a group of them close to the seat of power, lining their own pockets.

Their investments need looking at. There was clearly a law-breaking culture, where insider trading was common place. If they'll break the law and risk their careers and what's left of their reputation for a few hundred quid, what have they been doing when there's real money to be made. Go digging in those investments accounts and we'll need an extra prison builder for all of the insider trading and misconduct in public office prosecutions.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

No shock there is there. They showed with partygate that they thought they were above the law, and they've done nothing to change that culture. It's not one or 2 unlinked individuals, it's a group of them close to the seat of power, lining their own pockets.

Their investments need looking at. There was clearly a law-breaking culture, where insider trading was common place. If they'll break the law and risk their careers and what's left of their reputation for a few hundred quid, what have they been doing when there's real money to be made. Go digging in those investments accounts and we'll need an extra prison builder for all of the insider trading and misconduct in public office prosecutions.

"Steal a little and they throw you in jail; steal a lot and they make you a king."

(Bob Dylan)