Lewis Dobbin

Pongo Waring

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Saying that, it's probably just because we need someone useful for the "home-grown" Champions League quota.

This deal makes that quota worse. 

we need 8 English (but any nationality) trained players, with 4 of them being trained at the club. Tim would of been one of them 4  

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

This deal makes that quota worse. 

we need 8 English (but any nationality) trained players, with 4 of them being trained at the club. Tim would of been one of them 4  

Would have.

And no, I don’t believe he counts does he as we bought him from WBA I think

• Like 2

Fully expecting a loan. Are we allowed to send players to our team in Portugal or is there still some type of transfer ban between us?

Edited by pete101

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

How many left sided players do we need?

twelvety

Edited by Follyfoot

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Would have.

And no, I don’t believe he counts does he as we bought him from WBA I think

Depend at what age? 

he needs to been at the club for 3 years before reaching 21

**signed him at 18 and will be 21 on the 30th… he would of qualified as club trained 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

I went over to the Everton forum to see how they're reacting to this deal...  They hate FFP more than we do because of the points deduction and everyone over there LOVES this deal because of the way it tells the PSR to go fook themselves.  As for Dobbin himself, they were puzzled as to why we were interested in him specifically.  Doesn't seem highly rated by their fans and most seem to think he needs a season on loan in the Championship at the very least.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

I went over to the Everton forum to see how they're reacting to this deal...  They hate FFP more than we do because of the points deduction and everyone over there LOVES this deal because of the way it tells the PSR to go fook themselves.  As for Dobbin himself, they were puzzled as to why we were interested in him specifically.  Doesn't seem highly rated by their fans and most seem to think he needs a season on loan in the Championship at the very least.

Not quite reached his potential by the seems of it 

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Depend at what age? 

He is not a club home grown player. He was only trained by the club for 2 years before the age of 21, we loaned him out for the other year. 

Just now, david-avfc said:

He is not a club home grown player. He was only trained by the club for 2 years before the age of 21, we loaned him out for the other year. 

Ahhh yeah.. QPR you sneaky dogs 

From the admittedly limited sample I have looked at, even the Everton fans are a bit 'meh' about him departing.

So one has to presume he is almost certainly signed as a reciprocal PSR back slap to Everton and as a sell-on asset in a year or two. The fee we actually pay for him will tell us a lot more about the thinking behind this though. 

Dobbin is only twenty-one and was mostly injured last season, so needing a loan in the Championship isn't something to be concerned about, in fact if they think he's good enough for that level then that's a good sign. Also I had a look on Everton forum and saw a number stating that it was a shame to lose him and he should be kept around as a bench option for them, which of course even if true wouldn't make him good enough for us necessarily, but it's not like the all think he's completely rubbish

I've only seen highlights that I can recall, but he looks to have some raw talent, maybe with some Emery training - ahh something else I've seen Everton fans comment on, that with proper coaching he could come good - and then a good loan, maybe he can become a good player, could Vitoria be an option for him

Some people said why didn't we sign Rogers in the summer before he went to MIddlesbrough so we didn't have to pay so much, well Dobbin's profile now isn't too different to Rogers' at that point

• Like 1

I don’t think Tim will improve Everton so regardless of the cost they will be weaker next season if they lose Onana and replace him with Tim.

But who cares.

Does anyone remember Catman and Dobbin?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, KMitch said:

This trade isn't in any way about football, and I think we just have to accept it. It's "let's swap two middle of the road prospects to game the system". It sucks, but that's the reality of it all.

Monchi is just working with the rules as they are set out to get us to a spot where we don't get a points fine. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AndyM3000 said:

How many left sided players do we need?

I thought he was right sided?

If not, I suppose he's good back up if there's a problem with Ramsey.

Or Rogers.

Or Illing.

Or maybe McGinn.

3 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Depend at what age? 

**signed him at 18 and will be 21 on the 30th… he would of qualified as club trained 

You may well be right but for the love of god man, would have. Not would of, it’s nonsensical.

3 hours ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

This trade isn't in any way about football, and I think we just have to accept it. It's "let's swap two middle of the road prospects to game the system". It sucks, but that's the reality of it all.

Monchi is just working with the rules as they are set out to get us to a spot where we don't get a points fine. 

But this isnt US Sports trade as players need to agree to it so we are probably offering some assurances sporting or financial

4 hours ago, pete101 said:

Fully expecting a loan. Are we allowed to send players to our team in Portugal or is there still some type of transfer ban between us?

We arent allowed

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â