Lewis Dobbin

Pongo Waring

58 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

There are two questions here, which seem to me to probably have different answers. The first is: is Lewis Dobbin a player with some potential, who if everything falls into place could go on to shine in the future in the way Morgan Rogers has started to do? The answer to that is presumably yes - not that it *will* happen, but that it *could*. The second question is: would a club that finished 4th in the league be buying Lewis Dobbin at this stage, if it weren't mutually beneficial for meeting financial rules that both clubs would otherwise fail to meet? And the answer to that seems much more likely to be no. 

Yeah, for sure. There's not much to read into this or expect beyond the PSR, tbh

8 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

We should sell him to everton next summer for 20 mil.
We take Tim back 20 mil

and the year after £40m each way. 

And in 2027, £80m each way!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, ender4 said:

and the year after £40m each way. 

And in 2027, £80m each way!

Year 2029- Lewis Dobbin becomes the most expensive player of all time 

Edited by Pongo Waring

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

Be interesting to see what the PL makes of their "fair value" rule. Because no way are Iroegbunam or this kid worth £10m right now. But value is really just what someone is willing to pay so its very difficult for the PL to enforce this rule. 

So I guess as long as you dont really take the P (and I'd argue these deals are borderline) then this is a bit of a loop hole that the clubs have identified. 

Chelsea paid City 40 million for a player in Palmer with just 3 Premier League starts. Tim has made 2 starts so not sure we are taking the piss and charging 30 million less

30 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Chelsea paid City 40 million for a player in Palmer with just 3 Premier League starts. Tim has made 2 starts so not sure we are taking the piss and charging 30 million less

People keep quoting PL starts as though its some kind of barrometer of value. If Chelsea hadnt been prepared to pay for £40m for Palmer plenty of clubs would have been lining up to pay a figure not far off it. 

If PSR didnt exist no PL team is going to be buying Iroegbunam at all let alone for £10m and no Championship club is paying anything like £10m for him either. Scouts have eyes. 

I'm not making a controversial point here. 

I'd agree we are not taking the piss but its borderline and I just wonder how the PL would view it. 

Edited by villaglint

5 minutes ago, villaglint said:

People keep quoting PL starts as though its some kind of barrometer of value. If Chelsea hadnt been prepared to pay for £40m for Palmer plenty of clubs would have been lining up to pay a figure not far off it. 

If PSR didnt exist no PL team is going to be buying Iroegbunam at all let alone for £10m and no Championship club is paying anything like £10m for him either. Scouts have eyes. 

I'd agree we are not taking the piss but its borderline and I just wonder how the PL would view it. 

Chelsea paid £20m for Chukwuemeka.  £9m seems fine for Tim.  Probably not so much for Dobby, but not sure we are matching the £9m anyway.

Edited by ender4
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, villaglint said:

AFAIK there's nothing in premier league rule book that mentions "fair market value" in relation to player transfers.

It only applies to related party sponsorship deals and commercial transactions (like selling property to related party)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

First signing of the season done. Welcome, Lewis!

welcome Lewis, have you heard the tale of the legendary Finn Azaz?

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

AFAIK there's nothing in premier league rule book that mentions "fair market value" in relation to player transfers.

It only applies to related party sponsorship deals and commercial transactions (like selling property to related party)

How can the PL even determine "fair market value" for players when United spent £80m on Antony 🤣

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

First signing of the season done. Welcome, Lewis!

This deal likely means Everton don't have to sell Branthwaite now, unless United pay an absolute bucket load of cash.

• Like 1

Just now, duke313 said:

This deal likely means Everton don't have to sell Branthwaite now, unless United pay an absolute bucket load of cash.

I like that. Screwing over man untied is always a joy 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, villaglint said:

We’ve sold A.Ramsey last season for 14m without playing any minute in PL, let alone a game or too.

• Like 2

Tim has credibility to be £10m player. 
good loan stint at QPR and a regular england u21 international. 

Unfortunately, Dobbin is lacking the same credibility. Stopped his England progression at u19s and his loan move to Derby was underwhelming 

To me, we cooking the books in Everton’s favour on this deal. Unless we getting Dobbin at a lower fee 

Pretty excited about this one as we wouldn't be signing him just for PSR shenanigans.

Look at what Emery did with Rogers in a short space of time.

Saying that, it's probably just because we need someone useful for the "home-grown" Champions League quota.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â