Lewis Dobbin

Pongo Waring

18 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

I'll  get behind him and shout till I'm horse. 

I'm sure there a light Kenneth at minimum in here...

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Oh I thought it was a swap didn’t realise they were paying us… 

They're a swap for all intents and purposes...

... Except for PSR where it is two very separate transactions that just so happen to have the same cost but registered over different lengths of time

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

Oh I thought it was a swap didn’t realise they were paying us… 

Swaps are treated the same as player sales in the accounts, so is recorded as though we sold a player for 10m and bought a player for the same price. The 10m purchase is  spread over the life of the player's contract (e.g. 2m per year if on a 5 year deal) while the 10m sale is recognised in full immediately as income. This means that, for PSR/FFP purposes, we will have 8m profit from this transaction in the current financial year's accounts. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Swaps are treated the same as player sales in the accounts, so is recorded as though we sold a player for 10m and bought a player for the same price. The 10m purchase is  spread over the life of the player's contract (e.g. 2m per year if on a 5 year deal) while the 10m sale is recognised in full immediately as income. This means that, for PSR/FFP purposes, we will have 8m profit from this transaction in the current financial year's accounts. 

This is a good explanation. It also highlights the obvious problem in that next season (and every season for the next 5 years) we start the season with a £2m loss from this player but we long ago spent the original £10m that we brought in.

So this ‘clever accounting’ player goes from being an £8m boon on our books to a £2m ball and chain for every future season. 

Then we add the other ball and chain ‘clever accounting’ swaps we’re lining up and suddenly we have crippled ourselves for future transfer windows. 

The amortisation FFP trick is really just a form of ‘kicking the can down the road’ and hoping we can increase revenue before the music stops. 

Edited by LondonLax
  • Thanks 1

Versatile forward who can play across the front line. Might be given most of his time as a CF if we moved for him. After Rogers I just have a lot of faith in Emery/Monchi and think this type of player fill a gap in squad if we've moved Duran on. 

I do get the feeling Rogers would make a great Striker though, feels like he's Watkins like. Might need preseason to work on it more. I really have no idea where Emery thinks he can improve these players in his system. I just have so much trust 

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

This is a good explanation. It also highlights the obvious problem in that next season (and every season for the next 5 years) we start the season with a £2m loss from this player but we long ago spent the original £10m that we brought in.

So this ‘cleaver accounting’ player goes from being an £8m boon on our books to a £2m ball and chain for every future season. 

Then we add the other ball and chain ‘cleaver accounting’ swaps we’re lining up and suddenly we have crippled ourselves for future transfer windows. 

The amortisation FFP trick is really just a form of ‘kicking the can down the road’ and hoping we can increase revenue before the music stops. 

It's a ponzi for sure, but one that could go on for a very long time before it's an issue.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, one_ian_taylor said:

I may have never heard of him, but if he does sign, I'll  get behind him and shout till I'm horse. 

do you think he’ll be our mane target? Or will it be an on the hoof signing?

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Haha 1

If we wait until Everton hands him the new kit he'd be free to sign with us without fee. Even a sock would be enough.

• Haha 1

Was probably Everton best player when they played us in league at VP last season. Not saying that much as they were a disgrace to football that day

Except for that havent seen him play

All this goes to show is what an absolute load of nonsense PSR is. There is no way in hell we'd be interested in Mary **** Bobbins over here if we weren't trying to pull a fast one. 

• Haha 2

Just now, villa4europe said:

Swapping our youngster who probably won't make it for their youngster who probably won't make it just so the account can tick a box

While man utd don't need to do this because their official Japanese diesel tractor engine partner just pays their bills instead 

It's a load of bollocks 

🤣 This link returns a 404 Error 🤣

https://www.evertonfc.com/players/51511/lewis-dobbin 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Yes. That's why we have excess FFP losses (20-60m depending on who you ask) which need reducing by the end of June. The only way to avoid it is to increase revenue, either commercially or by player sales.

4 hours ago, LondonLax said:

So this ‘clever accounting’ player goes from being an £8m boon on our books to a £2m ball and chain for every future season. 

Then we add the other ball and chain ‘clever accounting’ swaps we’re lining up and suddenly we have crippled ourselves for future transfer windows. 

yes but we have the asset.  so the trick is to buy players that you can resell.  that way you should be able to sell one of those players each year and cover the 2m x 5 players by selling one of them each year.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â