Lewis Dobbin

Pongo Waring

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

I watched it all, did he play ??

he was on the pitch......apparently

realistically i'll be amazed if he finishes the next season with 5 or more appearances. it seemed all along to be just a FFP workaround deal with everton

To be fair, you wouldn't have noticed Ollie Watkins in his position in that first half either. There was no service to him. On the one occasion he did get the ball, he ran forward and threaded a great through ball to Barry, who couldn't get a shot away. I won't be judging him on today's performance.

• Like 1

Just now, Monkeypuzzle said:

To be fair, you wouldn't have noticed Ollie Watkins in his position in that first half either. There was no service to him. On the one occasion he did get the ball, he ran forward and threaded a great through ball to Barry, who couldn't get a shot away. I won't be judging him on today's performance.

This is true. There was nothing going to the left. All the outballs were going to Bailey and Barry. 

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I still not sure why we signed him personally.  Doubt he gets many minutes at all for us

I think Emery see's raw attributes he can work with. Dobbin is very quick after all, his issue is he wasn't great at finishing off chances but his speed got him into those positions. Emery took Watkins from a slighly under performing goal to xG to consistently exceeding his xG in number of goals trhough coaching.

So if Emery spends time making him understudy to Watkins he will improve. If that's to loan him out and then sell him for a profit then it serves its purpose. 

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Not sure you’ve been paying attention to how we operate now 

I think i have obv plan is to try sell him on a profit but doesn't always work out like that

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think i have obv plan is to try sell him on a profit but doesn't always work out like that

Yeah no guarantees but we’ve started off pretty well and I trust the management we have now to get it right more often than not. 

• Like 1

He had a few decent moments in the game. Technically/on the ball he looked pretty good at times - off the ball, it's hard to say when you're watching on TV but if he's not getting many touches it would suggest that his movement isn't that great. We were mainly going down the right through Bailey, though. 

On 21/07/2024 at 05:58, Demitri_C said:

No that would be nice but it wasn’t the actual plan - we just had to give Everton £10m so they could give us back £10m and we could both record it as an £8m profit because accounting :)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Good chance to see what he can do in a better league than his last loan to league one. Also at a club that should be towards the top end of their table (at a guess?).

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â