Lewis Dobbin

Pongo Waring

Looks to have a bit of pace about him. As others have said this is a a deal with Everton for PSR but he couid suprise us and do rather well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Looks to have a bit of pace about him. As others have said this is a a deal with Everton for PSR but he couid suprise us and do rather well.

I was thinking.

I have a feeling at least one of the swap signings we had no real expectation for, may surprise us all and turn out to be a gem.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

welcome lewis. you're probably never going to play and are being bought purely as a deal with everton to get around PSR, but welcome nevertheless

Give the kid a chance FFS, whatever you think, Unai/Monchi will have seen something they like.  

Everyone thinks they know more than they do on this forum! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, macandally said:

Give the kid a chance FFS, whatever you think, Unai/Monchi will have seen something they like.  

it's literally a swap deal for a player of ours who also didn't play to free up some PSR headroom.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, macandally said:

I don't think anybody isn't. Just that he isn't a signing for right now. After a season with only one league start, he absolutely needs a season being a regular and I'm sure the club will find a move that will provide him with that. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

it's literally a swap deal for a player of ours who also didn't play to free up some PSR headroom.

They are two decent youngsters. I can see both doing more than some are expecting. Tim I think especially will play a lot of games for Everton. Funnily enough his gap seems to be mental (Emery said as much) and Dyche might actually be really good for that side of things for him.

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

Thanks Monchi! 👍

Edited by macandally

I'd be amazed if he ever starts a prem game for us.

Near certainty to be loaned out to the championship by January at the latest.

We do well sending loans to Boro so that wouldn't surprise me at all.

Was also at Derby in 22/23 so they might fancy him back with their promotion.

11 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

McGregor is one of a kind. Can see this deal being a bust.

Edited by Tubby
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I'd be amazed if he ever starts a prem game for us.

Near certainty to be loaned out to the championship by January at the latest.

We do well sending loans to Boro so that wouldn't surprise me at all.

Was also at Derby in 22/23 so they might fancy him back with their promotion.

Yeah thats how I see it, 6 months training under Emery and then if he’s had no games then a loan to a promotion chasing team and then a decision to be made on him next summer. I think they’ve seen the qualities in him that can either be an asset to us or if not flip him next summer hopefully for a profit. Win win 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villa89 said:

Oddly enough it just happened to be the exact same as we received for Tim. It's almost as if both clubs agreed to swap young players to boost their balance sheets. Of course it would be hugely cynical to suggest that was the case. It's all just a coincidence. 

is this actually confirmed anywhere or just what we were thinking? couple of mates who are big everton fans didnt seen to think it would be this high.

On paper right now, hes a better propsect than Tim, many saying he wont feature but hes got 20 odd prem appearances and a goal. We also expected Tim to feature at the end of the year so why not this guy? I still dont believe Unai would buy a player he didnt believe in.

6 hours ago, villa89 said:

Oddly enough it just happened to be the exact same as we received for Tim. It's almost as if both clubs agreed to swap young players to boost their balance sheets. Of course it would be hugely cynical to suggest that was the case. It's all just a coincidence. 

If we swap him back for Tim next summer that would also just be a coincidence. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â