Lewis Dobbin

Pongo Waring

The NYtimes writes

"

Aston Villa have reiterated the need to be intelligent in their transfer strategy this summer and in attempts to both navigate PSR and upgrade the squad, this included cross player transactions between clubs.

Dobbin fulfills the criteria of Villa’s desire to add an archetypal winger this summer while providing scope to allow midfielder Tim Iroegbunam to move in the other direction.

Villa have lacked options out-wide, with Leon Bailey the only traditional winger on the books and Unai Emery’s other attackers more inclined to operate centrally. Dobbin can play in multiple positions and will strengthen Villa’s depth, which is needed in a frenzied fixture list."

That is definetely a delibierate leak from Villa, justifying signing this guy

Edited by Chicken Field
  • Like 1

This is shaping up to be a hilarious summer. I'd say if you stopped paying attention from the end of last season and without any additional context saw how the squad will look at the start of the next one you'd think you'd woken up in an alternate reality.

simpsons-1-2000-79baea3e86d34b4596c3a34f03871dd7.jpg

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

FFP is just an exercise in who can find the cleverest way to get around it.

Shambles.

Yep.

Next we'll be acquiring a hotel Everton are probably building right next to their new ground and sponsoring it for 20m.

Dobbin is very raw. Was a sub for Everton all last season, scored v Chelsea and then was injured from February up to the end so really couldn't see him playing much here as he tended to play left side for them.

from the Everton Forum...

Monchi seems to like these "PSR magic trick" deals (Luiz/McKennie/Illing Jr, Maatsen/Duran, Timmy/Dobbin...?)

image.png.684d1c7a78d35f241e1647420e073550.png

18 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

I vary of the FA coming at us, dodgy as hell transfers - hoping that Emery and Monchi actually want the players that we sign - this one seems the strangest of the lot

I can't see anyone dobbing us in if everyone is at it.

We should sell Dobbin back to Everton next season for 25m and buy Tim back while we're at it.

Would be surprised if he even plays for us, this is an overly obvious swap deal to get around ffp.

Edited by VillaJay

1 hour ago, villarule123 said:

FFP is just an exercise in who can find the cleverest way to get around it.

Shambles.

Were getting good at it!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

On loan, almost immediately I would guess.

Presumably, but he's 21 - it's pretty much at the "shit or get off the pot" age.

I wonder if he's a player we'll flip within 2 or 3 transfer windows for some handy FFP accountancy when needed...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chicken Field said:

I vary of the FA coming at us, dodgy as hell transfers - hoping that Emery and Monchi actually want the players that we sign - this one seems the strangest of the lot

On what basis?

If we were artificially inflating the fees then they'd have a point but we're not

Not sure what criteria they'd have to meet to be defined as dodgy or the fa could prove that the only benefit to us was financial, its not like we're buying in players from Everton, Chelsea and juve and immediately loaning or selling them all

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tayls said:

How does this swap help with the bloody accounting BS then? 

My understanding is, the £10m from the sale of Tim is immediate profit whilst the £10m cost of Dobbin is amortised over the length of his contract.

• Like 2

I doubt we will be paying £10m for him, he's only got one year left on his deal. If we loan him to the Championship, one half decent season and he will be worth a lot more than whatever we pay for him. Watching some highlights he looks like he has the raw materials of a decent player, strength, pace, and skill, with good coaching maybe he will surprise a few with how good he can become

Edited by useless

1 hour ago, penguin said:

My understanding is, the £10m from the sale of Tim is immediate profit whilst the £10m cost of Dobbin is amortised over the length of his contract.

Oh I thought it was a swap didn’t realise they were paying us… 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â