Enzo Barrenechea

Pongo Waring

14 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

sounds just the job.....but going by journalists opinions, is not always a judge barometer.

However, medium - long term, this could be a better option.

16 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I used to love these books.

"You see an Ogre emerging from a cave. He has a hand weapon and medium armour. What do you do?
Fight him: Turn to page 67. Run: Turn to page 79.

You run. The Ogre was a makeweight in a deal with Juventus. You have now failed PSR. Roll a D12 to take points deduction damage.

Reminds me of one particularly malicious one I had that killed you at practically every turn if you missed the correct choice somewhere back around the sixth page.

• Like 1

until the ink is dry, on all these links, I will just take them as speculation.

The Journo's are keeping their jobs, based on us.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, sne said:

https://football-italia.net/who-is-barrenechea-juventus-aston-villa-swap/

Another Italian source likened him to a mix between Busquets & Rodri. That'll do, that'll do nicely.

I stopped reading " Born in VILLA Maria "

He's already a legend and the stars have aligned... Mic dropped and all...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Is this the replacement for Iroegbunam?

That's how I would view it, yes. As in; a young player who the hope is will force his way into the reckoning.

• Thanks 1

Hopefully it's stand in for Kamara and after that competition. Might be a tad optimistic. Doubt Tim was in Emery's plans at all.

1 minute ago, sne said:

Hopefully it's stand in for Kamara and after that competition. Might be a tad optimistic. Doubt Tim was in Emery's plans at all.

Sometimes players have to make themselves appear in the plans. I think Unai would have liked the problem of a young player forcing his way into the plans, but it didn't happen for Tim.

Shame, as he's a good player. I had hopes for him.

32 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

The Carlos Sanchez effect. Nobody knows how good he is but he's a new name, he's different and exciting so let's get him!

Weston McKennie, full international, lots of experience and rave reviews but because we saw him a few times and he wasn't great he's absolute dog turd forever.

From? 

Don't paint McKennie as something he's not. There's a lot of hyperbole surrounding him but pulling far too much in the opposite direction doesn't help matters.

31 minutes ago, lexicon said:

From? 

Don't paint McKennie as something he's not. There's a lot of hyperbole surrounding him but pulling far too much in the opposite direction doesn't help matters.

In fairness, he was actually rated as one of Juventus best and most consistent performers last season.

I get the feeling we enquired about this guy and Soule and Juve said no. Juve need to sell McKennie. As McKennie issue is between him and Juve and they need the deal to complete too so they've allowed us to add Barrenechea into it instead. 

We might come back to McKennie later in window whenever or if he sorts out his issue with Juve 

Edited by CVByrne

34 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In fairness, he was actually rated as one of Juventus best and most consistent performers last season.

I'm not arguing against that tbf - the point I was trying to make was that the truth lies in the middle rather than on the hyperobolic extemes.

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

If that guy is far superior why didn't we try and get him before McKennie?

Maybe we did.

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

oh blimey, interesting.

Looking at his stats, he looks like a pure DM type, lots of blocks, tackles, aerial duels won, and a lot of passing sideways.

be interesting if he is in the package for Luiz.

Frosinone would have defended a lot more than other teams so his tackles and blocks should be higher than say a Kamara

48 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I get the feeling we enquired about this guy and Soule and Juve said no. Juve need to sell McKennie. As McKennie issue is between him and Juve and they need the deal to complete too so they've allowed us to add Barrenechea into it instead. 

We might come back to McKennie later in window whenever or if he sorts out his issue with Juve 

Maybe we will come back in for Soule too

44 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

It does look like we are starting to scrape the bottom of the Juventus barrel with this one.

Absolutely not. He's a high-potential youngster in a position we badly need back-up in. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â