Enzo Barrenechea

Pongo Waring

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Sure, but they won't play there again whilst Emery is manager.

Where do you think JJ will play?

I should also add we have timmy and dendonker. Unless one or both are offloaded cant see us making any more signings there

This guy is more exciting due to the unknown and how his stats from last season look quality. He has room to improve even further under Emery. McKennie would have been good but maybe Enzo has a much higher ceiling long term. 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Where do you think JJ will play?

I should also add we have timmy and dendonker. Unless one or both are offloaded cant see us making any more signings there

JJ plays on the left, same as Rogers.

I think Tim will be leaving shortly with Donk not far behind. My mates over at Football Insider say Tim is having his Everton medical today.

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

JJ plays on the left, same as Rogers.

I think Tim will be leaving shortly with Donk not far behind. My mates over at Football Insider say Tim is having his Everton medical today.

Thats why i think JJ will play more a central role as rodgers is going to be first choice in that position

Yeah hopefully the timmy links to everton come true and dendonker are both moved on. Dont think either is good enough

• Like 3

I also believe once the dust settles and July 1 is upon us we’ll sign a classic CM. Hopefully Enzo is enough to cover Boubs’s loss for a few months and then look for a striker and RB. Job complete!!

next year with the injection of funds and moving on of dead wood we should be in a good position to add real quality for maybe only 1 or 2 positions

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im not sure about that - this guy barkley to add to buendia JJ  and mcginn. Kamara is a long term injury so maybe they may consider a loan

Would be a downgrade in midfield if thats how we start the season

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Would be a downgrade in midfield if thats how we start the season

On paper i would have to agree. I think adding gallagher or onana would totally transform it

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

On paper i would have to agree. I think adding gallagher or onana would totally transform it

I dont think so, we would still lack a ball playing midfielder that can play 50 games a season like Dougie does

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont think so, we would still lack a ball playing midfielder that can play 50 games a season like Dougie does

Gallagher can do that. Onana not sure he does seem to get injured alot.

Can see alot more rotation this year

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Tielemans in effect becomes Luiz replacement I reckon now the Gallagher interest has died down and Barkley will be his back up.

This is how I see it playing out as well. 

Tielemans steps up to the starting role with Barkley as his backup. Tielemans  was playing well at the end of last season and looked the part.  

We then also have Kamara and Berrenechea as the two defensive midfield options in the squad (obviously one is currently recovering from injury). 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Mikel Merino looking for a move apparently.

• Like 3

Some very positive rumblings online about this guy and, while we should always take fan opinion with a pinch of salt, it's a lot nicer to read this than the McKennie discourse.

Helps us out of the PSR hole and gives us a couple of young gems to polish. It's a big thumbs up from me!

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

let him go Zat.  let him go.  

didnt realise he played in 36 Serie A games last season, for a total of 2985 minutes, so roughly 33 actual full games.

All those minutes were for Frosinone though, who got relegated in 18th (it was their promotion season).

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

didnt realise he played in 36 Serie A games last season, for a total of 2985 minutes, so roughly 33 actual full games.

All those minutes were for Frosinone though, who got relegated in 18th (it was their promotion season).

Him, Soulé & Kaio Jorge all on loan there from Juve. Loan rules a bit different in Italy. Juve had something like 8 players loaned out to other Serie A clubs.

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Him, Soulé & Kaio Jorge all on loan there from Juve. Loan rules a bit different in Italy. Juve had something like 8 players loaned out to other Serie A clubs.

oh blimey, interesting.

Looking at his stats, he looks like a pure DM type, lots of blocks, tackles, aerial duels won, and a lot of passing sideways.

be interesting if he is in the package for Luiz.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

oh blimey, interesting.

Looking at his stats, he looks like a pure DM type, lots of blocks, tackles, aerial duels won, and a lot of passing sideways.

be interesting if he is in the package for Luiz.

Mascherano type player, hopefully. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Some very positive rumblings online about this guy and, while we should always take fan opinion with a pinch of salt, it's a lot nicer to read this than the McKennie discourse.

Helps us out of the PSR hole and gives us a couple of young gems to polish. It's a big thumbs up from me!

I trust them on this - he’s more in the mould of Bouba - we are selling Tim and don’t see a future for Calum. We need different options and cover. The scouting stuff is certainly an interesting read. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â