Enzo Barrenechea

Pongo Waring

10 minutes ago, duke313 said:

It would appear so. But some on here think there should be clubs lining up for him, and we should be swatting away 80m+ bids.

He is not worth 80m plus bids. Load of bs his second half of the year was a eye opener for me went missing in action and a liability at times.

Edited by ozvilla28

1 minute ago, ozvilla28 said:

Not convinced Luiz wouldn't go even without PSR issues. Didn't sign a new contract etc. Reckon both parties best for both parties ways.

Which to me is why no other clubs have swooped in, why he’s gotten Alisha as part of deal - Turin is closer to Switzerland than Birmingham. 

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

Yes. But, do you like this kid more than Mckennie? 

Honestly never heard of him and Juve fans seem even more delighted with the deal now. However I think it's important to not overpay McKennie, so even tho McKennie might be better footballer we are not stuck with 130k per week player for 5 years.

This one looks a better deal, we need a DM, we won’t get stuck with big wages, with some players who have potential. He’ll add some physicality as well.

Although I didn’t watch him at all, but for those reasons this deal would be much better. 

Would give us more choices to add for other areas.

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Yep, bit bizarre. McKennie might not be everyone’s cup of tea but he’s an international footballer and would have added good depth to the squad. Barrenechea is 23 and has not even had any international youth caps never mind senior caps.

Do you think the Argentina U21 team is easier to get into than the USA 1st team? I don't. 

5 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Do you think the Argentina U21 team is easier to get into than the USA 1st team? I don't. 

It should be if you’re good enough to move to Europe from SA at 18.

If we’ve managed to solve or address our DM deficiency by signing this guy… I will be delighted. Seems like one that Unai can mould and develop… and we need more (quality) depth in this position. 

Promising comments and stats online… 

Shift all of Iroegbunam, Dendoncker and Chambers.

Can he step up while Bouba is out?

I expect more midfield additions and quality depth by the end of the window anyway… assuming we won’t find ourselves as depleted, at any point, as we did last season…  

a proper Luiz replacement later on too. 

Hoping we end up with plenty of options and a competitive CL side.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, nick76 said:

Schrödinger’s cat. 

Does he play for Juventus as well?! 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, ozvilla28 said:

He is not worth 80m plus bids. Load of bs his second half of the year was a eye opener for me went missing in action and a liability at times.

Absolutely agree with this. I guess as fans we are always going to be biased but the truth is he is probably worth around £50m tops in the current market and our hand is weakened further If the stories about him not wanting to sign a contract are true.

The people in charge of this club are not idiots and have more riding on getting these deals right than even the most ardent of us fans.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Was born in the City of Villa Maria. Consider yourselves romantically nourished.

she used to 'sort' the lads out on coach 1 of away trips, she was very nourished back then shall we say

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, ozvilla28 said:

If it were last summer, he would be worth that. PSR has severely curbed PL spending and the knock-on effect is less money being spent all over the world, so transfer fees will likely be lower now. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

We’ll sign another central midfielder for big money. 

Im not sure about that - this guy barkley to add to buendia JJ  and mcginn. Kamara is a long term injury so maybe they may consider a loan

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Im not sure about that - this guy barkley to add to buendia JJ  and mcginn. Kamara is a long term injury so maybe they may consider a loan

Neither of these two play CM.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â