Enzo Barrenechea

Pongo Waring

On 20/09/2024 at 14:07, Tomaszk said:

There must be some mistake.

He's a promising 24 year old midfielder.

Never copped that Baraja was over them, good that I'm sure Pako Ayestaran will know him well as he was assistant manager (and possibly the brains of the operation) at Baraja's peak.

If Enzo ends upon his level we'll be doing well.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Never copped that Baraja was over them, good that I'm sure Pako Ayestaran will know him well as he was assistant manager (and possibly the brains of the operation) at Baraja's peak.

If Enzo ends upon his level we'll be doing well.

Sadly I dont think Baraja will be there too long unless results pick up

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Sadly I dont think Baraja will be there too long unless results pick up

He's done a decent job there tbf. Took over when it looked like they were going down in 22/23 and last season was comfortable mid table finish with a very young squad.

This season they'll probably pick up enough home wins like yesterday to be o.k. His managerial career wasn't great before but seems playing for them given him a good insight into what is needed and due to their finances he's had to blood loads of players around 20-21.

This is a good loan for Enzo although they won't be signing him permanently so feels to me like we'll have to loan him out next season unless there's space in our squad.

5 hours ago, useless said:

It’s interesting to watch because the role and position on the pitch he is playing there is done by a central defender in our system.

Torres frees up our midfield to have more options and numbers, almost like having an extra player on the pitch. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He's done a decent job there tbf. Took over when it looked like they were going down in 22/23 and last season was comfortable mid table finish with a very young squad.

This season they'll probably pick up enough home wins like yesterday to be o.k. His managerial career wasn't great before but seems playing for them given him a good insight into what is needed and due to their finances he's had to blood loads of players around 20-21.

This is a good loan for Enzo although they won't be signing him permanently so feels to me like we'll have to loan him out next season unless there's space in our squad.

Barkley and McGinn are getting older. We still seem a bit short in midfield. This season we had to do this as Enzo needs game time, we were in tough circumstances this summer. I think if he succeeds we’ll have a good player joining the squad without having to sign a new midfielder. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Barkley and McGinn are getting older. We still seem a bit short in midfield. This season we had to do this as Enzo needs game time, we were in tough circumstances this summer. I think if he succeeds we’ll have a good player joining the squad without having to sign a new midfielder. 

Tbf once Kamara is back our depth is back to very good. It's hard to say many teams have better options than Barkley as 4th choice midfielder with Mcginn backing him up too 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Tbf once Kamara is back our depth is back to very good. It's hard to say many teams have better options than Barkley as 4th choice midfielder with Mcginn backing him up too 

We have a good quality squad, but I guess with how we rotate, we might need one more. Now we consider McGinn there, but preferably if Enzo hits the expected heights, I guess we’d be more solid there.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â