Enzo Barrenechea

Pongo Waring

Unused sub tonight in a 1-1 draw. Valencia were the better side as it was and then Villarreal went down to 10 men, so their substitutions thereafter were understandably offensively-minded and that of a side chasing the win rather than one that could afford to give a newly-loaned DM some introductory minutes.

Valencia have had a poor start to the season results-wise but should end up proving to be a decent mid-table outfit. The strongest part of their team is probably the midfield though, so it'll be interesting to see if/when Barrenechea can force his way in.

On 26/08/2024 at 14:28, Made In Aston said:

He is 23, so I don't see a loan being particularly useful at this stage. He is either good enough for the first team squad or should be sold. Looking at his performances in pre-season and Emery's comments, it appears he does have ability, so makes a loan even more surprising. Hopefully it is BS from a tier Z source.

I don't understand why it's so bad, we have a number of quality central midfielders not everyone is going to sign a 23yr old that walks into a top 4 team! 

3 hours ago, tezzaleed said:

Onana,  Kamara, mcginn, tielemans and Baranchea.  Genuine quality and options.

Barkley as well

I think if Enzo has a good year, he could well be sacrificed to the PSR gods. 

“Samuel and Enzo are young players we trust. Maybe we knew they wouldn’t be ready to play for us immediately, but both are young, talented, sustainable salaries and in the next year they’re going to be good assets.”

If Vidagany says that, I trust that both will be here still next season. 

https://archive.is/w7vaF

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tezzaleed said:

I suspect you're right unfortunately.  does seem to be the way. 

Whist it's rubbish, I'd rather this than see Ramsey or Kamara sacrificed to the Gods of PSR.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Xela said:

Barkley as well

Where is the sacrifice if we sell him for a vast profit having never played for us ? Don’t get it 

Edited by thabucks

21 hours ago, The_Steve said:

“Samuel and Enzo are young players we trust. Maybe we knew they wouldn’t be ready to play for us immediately, but both are young, talented, sustainable salaries and in the next year they’re going to be good assets.”

If Vidagany says that, I trust that both will be here still next season. 

https://archive.is/w7vaF

I think with how things are going, wether they’re here or they left for huge money most importantly we maximize our benefit from each deal. 
Sometimes we’ll sell our most players which will make fans more emotional. We’re heading to a point where we might sell: McGinn, Watkins and Mings for example. It could be the right moves as all will start losing values. 
We’re in a learning curve but I think our board matured enough to know when to be more opportunistic. 

The equation is improving squad while increasing revenue. At the same time cutting costs while grabbing opportunities. 

The Luiz issue will hopefully not be back but to do that we’ll have to maximize players values and whoever is decreasing we’ll have to see wether it’s worth it to keep them or not.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The_Steve said:

He’s on a low, sustainable salary. He won’t be sold next year. The club have plans for him and Samuel. 

Players on a low, sustainable salary are very much more sellable. Jadon Sancho on £340k/week, to take another example, isn’t sellable.

Villa may have plans for Barrenechea and Iling Jr, but I’d be surprised If some of those plans didn’t involve sales before June 30.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Xela said:

Barkley as well

This is really and truly how the business works. We're trying to get them on the cheap, showcase them in a decent loan and then flip if needs be to balance the books. It's smart.

4 hours ago, The_Steve said:

He’s on a low, sustainable salary. He won’t be sold next year. The club have plans for him and Samuel. 

Could very well replace the likes of Barkley next season.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://sportwitness.co.uk/aston-villa-on-alert-over-player-double-page-spread-lifts-transfer-hype-further/

Where there’s despair there can be hope.

Valencia currently find themselves at the bottom of La Liga and look set for a relegation battle. There’s strife on and off the pitch but Aston Villa’s Enzo Barrenechea is being seen as a potential saviour.

He’s largely being held aloft because he’s untainted by previous failures, and with Valencia fans and local media grasping for hope he’s the obvious subject.

The defensive midfielder made his debut for the La Liga side when he came off the bench in their 3-0 defeat to Atlético Madrid last weekend.

Super Deporte report the Aston Villa man is ‘ready to step up’, take responsibilities and ‘start to be important’ at Valencia. This is part of a double-page spread in the newspaper’s Friday edition.

He was able to ‘restore order’, after coming on against Diego Simeone’s side. Despite the defeat, Valencia manager Rubén Baraja was pleased with the 23-year-old’s performance.
The manager has used different midfield combinations so far. Los Ches are bottom of the table, with a point after five games. Super Deporte say Valencia need urgent solutions and Barrenechea is the ‘missing piece’.

They believe the Aston Villa owned player, alongside Pepelu, could provide the much-needed balance in the midfield. There’s expectations on him to help Valencia turn things around quickly, and it’s claimed his ‘time has come’.

Aston Villa are ‘alert’ to the hope around him at Valencia and that he’s set to ‘jump into the starting eleven’.

They may also be a little concerned, because the hype around this transfer has got a little out of control and it’s unlikely Enzo can be a one-man midfield saviour.

He's played 45 minutes for Valencia and is being treated by the Valencian press as the Messiah.

• Haha 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â