Enzo Barrenechea

Pongo Waring

2 hours ago, ozvilla28 said:

Puzzling loaning him out considering no one coming in and Kamara still in recovery.

Barkley will be the cover

A loan with an option to buy is being reported.

Football is just becoming ridiculous if this is true. Sign players, get them wearing the shirt during presentations like they'll be part of the future only to then get rid without playing a game. 

4 hours ago, Tom13 said:

It is happening though

Sorry to hear that…..I guess things in this market change, very quickly.

Edited by TRO

15 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Well, next time they sell one of our best players to meet PSR demands, let's hope they make a better fist of it than the Luiz `deal'.

SIJ and Enzo could be worth double next year. That was the attraction of the deal i guess?

9 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

A loan with an option to buy is being reported.

Football is just becoming ridiculous if this is true. Sign players, get them wearing the shirt during presentations like they'll be part of the future only to then get rid without playing a game. 

Chelsea and Man City have been doing it for years. Hell Man City just sold a youth player back to us for a small profit and a sell on clause. All revenue counts the same. 

1 minute ago, Rightdm00 said:

Chelsea and Man City have been doing it for years. Hell Man City just sold a youth player back to us for a small profit and a sell on clause. All revenue counts the same. 

I understand that but it's just becoming a moneyball business. Literally buying players or taking players in one door to send out the other. I think it's becoming ridiculous and shouldn't be what the game is about but it's being forced on clubs to act in this manner.

If you look across the forum at most of the conversations recently I'd gather a large percentage is directly regarding money and not about the game itself. 

• Like 2

He looked really promising during the preseason
He is the only other player we have got fit who is more in the mould of a holding/defensive midfielder especially if Donk goes.
Bogarde is a bit raw to trust with that role.
Barkley shouldn't play that role, McGinn shouldn't play that role.
Kamara hopefully will be back soon, but there is a chance it could take a lot longer for him to get back his form and match sharpness
I would have thought Enzo would be a good option off the bench and for cup games.
It would have been nice that the loan was done in order to bring someone else in, even if it was a defender.
I hope there is a recall option in Jan and no buy option.

All opinions.

I also find it strange to let him go on loan. We have squad space for him too. 

Yet I do see he needs that top level game time. With our midfield options and Kamara coming back, it’s slim pickings for Enzo. So that in mind, the loan makes senses, and to a Valencia, that’s a bloody great club too

It works out great for him, and hopefully for us next season. Signing a sexy Argentinian DM from Valencia we’d be pretty excited. Next season we’ll be getting him for free. 

I hope he becomes a star out there. 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I also find it strange to let him go on loan. We have squad space for him too. 

Yet I do see he needs that top level game time. With our midfield options and Kamara coming back, it’s slim pickings for Enzo. So that in mind, the loan makes senses, and to a Valencia, that’s a bloody great club too

It works out great for him, and hopefully for us next season. Signing a sexy Argentinian DM from Valencia we’d be pretty excited. Next season we’ll be getting him for free. 

I hope he becomes a star out there. 

Two things

I'm more excited by signing a DM from Juventus than Valencia because one is known for amazing midfielders and the other is known to be a basket case with a volatile owner

You say he needs top level game time but he's played 3,000 minutes in Serie A already. There's only so much you can play someone at the top level on loan before you go "he's not good enough for us" and I think if it was an academy player like Archer, you make that call before 24. 

So basically I'm saying the opposite. I wouldn't be excited signing a 24 year old midfielder from Valencia next summer, I'd be thinking "he's definitely not good enough to get minutes without an injury crisis, what are we signing him for".

Iling Junior I think will be important for us in future seasons. Barrenechea I'm convinced will never pull on a Villa shirt again. 

• Like 1

Hopefully he has a decent season and we make some money on him next summer, don’t believe he was ever wanted by Unai or ever part of his plans. This one is purely for PSR.

10 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Well, next time they sell one of our best players to meet PSR demands, let's hope they make a better fist of it than the Luiz `deal'.

We were over a barrel in June and had to take whatever we were offered. The Grealish money had dropped out of the 3 year cycle in the accounts but we had spent big in the push for Champions League.

I feel like the Diaby sale will give us more headroom to negotiate next summer and not leave us in such a desperate position.

• Like 1

Valencia were fighting for Europe last season, just had a bad final 5 results and ended 9th. It's a good team to have joined and hopefully he'll progress after his breakthrough season last season.

14 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

Terms like 'will' 'wouldn't' etc are statements not opinions. In my opinion.

Really?? It’s a fan’s forum which is built on and consists of nothing BUT opinions - that’s the point; to discuss a whole range of differing opinions. If we all had to preface EVERY post with confirmation that it was an opinion, the server would probably reach capacity in a few days 😬
If you rightly assume that every post is an opinion and not a fact it will make your life a little bit easier.  If you want confirmed statements then log onto the Villa website…..👍

Interesting article I saw this morning. His sister just started university in Valencia a few weeks ago and his parents already moved there, so he will be with all his family apart from his brother who plays football still in Italy. 

It could be possible he's a hit and we end up selling him, but then Valencia are owned by Peter Lim so the likelihood of us getting any money off them is very low. So it's probably a very opportunistic loan for him to do well in an environment which will hopefully quite settled for him, especially given he also speaks Spanish. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, skarroki said:

Two things

I'm more excited by signing a DM from Juventus than Valencia because one is known for amazing midfielders and the other is known to be a basket case with a volatile owner

You say he needs top level game time but he's played 3,000 minutes in Serie A already. There's only so much you can play someone at the top level on loan before you go "he's not good enough for us" and I think if it was an academy player like Archer, you make that call before 24. 

So basically I'm saying the opposite. I wouldn't be excited signing a 24 year old midfielder from Valencia next summer, I'd be thinking "he's definitely not good enough to get minutes without an injury crisis, what are we signing him for".

Iling Junior I think will be important for us in future seasons. Barrenechea I'm convinced will never pull on a Villa shirt again. 

Some players peak a little later. Vardy was about to sign for Halifax Town at the same age, for example. It’s becoming increasingly difficult for centre halves and defensive midfielders to be trusted at a young age, so they tend to start playing regularly slightly later. 

Edited by Rich192
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â