Enzo Barrenechea

Pongo Waring

18 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Heard it’s nothing to do with injuries. So, fingers crossed on that one!

If he’s staying and Donk is off that would be ideal. I like Enzo (apart from those earrings..) and think he’ll get minutes to prove himself over the season. 

Just need someone to buy Carlos now…

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Awol said:

If he’s staying and Donk is off that would be ideal. I like Enzo (apart from those earrings..) and think he’ll get minutes to prove himself over the season. 

Just need someone to buy Carlos now…

I’m hopeful that’s the case as Enzo was literally hours away from being completed.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

If he can’t dribble his way past Emery, who with the greatest of respects is old enough to be his grandad, then I don’t think he’ll make it in our first team. 

He ain't that old! 

Sounds to me like we were just trying our best not to pull a Chelsea and have senior players unregistered and not playing football for a year with Dendonker and Barrenechea. If both stayed it would have been damn near impossible to find enough playing time for the both of them and that would just be detrimental to both the team and the players themselves. If this is true then I think the club has handled this the best way they could, but I'm happy that Enzo is staying as he looks to fit our system a whole lot more than Leander ever did. On top of that he has age on his side, is one for the future if he plays well for us, whereas Leander is one we are looking to move on.

Lots of unnecessary panicking on here though as per usual..

Edited by osmark86
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, PaulC said:

Pre-season friendlies are not the same as the real thing though. I trust Emery knows that hes not ready though. I just question that if a 23 year old isn't ready to be a first team squad player then he might never be good enough. Different for the other lad we signed who we loaned out.

There are plenty of people who know a lot about Serie A who think Enzo has the potential to get into the Argentina team in the next couple of seasons.  He's come to Europe, had a serious injury that has basically wrecked an entire season and a bit and still done enough to persuade the recruitment teams at Juventus, Villa and Valencia that there is something about him.  It seems like Juventus weren't keen to let him go and we're giving him a chance to play at the next level up from last season.  However, whether he becomes a regular for us (either starter or from the bench) - I think he probably will - is not the only measure of whether it was a "good" transfer, as a minimum I think he'll gain experience and increase in value (especially given the way that FFP/PSR/etc considers "value" / "profit" / "cost").

6 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

He doesn't have to be good enough for us to make it worthwhile. Forget this mindset. Good loan and we sell him for profit next summer.

I still think he will play for us.  But your point is 100% correct.  There will be some deals that might on the face of it not look successful but that actually still allow us to progress to the next level or the next signing.

Edit - maybe I should have read the rest of the thread before commenting!

Edited by allani

4 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I’m hopeful that’s the case as Enzo was literally hours away from being completed.

So if Unai wasn’t for this loan, how did it get so far down the road to completion? 

26 minutes ago, Awol said:

So if Unai wasn’t for this loan, how did it get so far down the road to completion? 

I think the opportunity for Donk to leave has become more likely as the Enzo deal progressed.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

3000?

He was playing at a festival I was at this month. Thought he might do a few Outkast numbers. No, his solo output is an hour-long flute improvisation, and not a good one.

Enzo would not approve.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

He was playing at a festival I was at this month. Thought he might do a few Outkast numbers. No, his solo output is an hour-long flute improvisation, and not a good one.

Enzo would not approve.

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91gprf6e4trgwof4lwlj

Was it the Jazz flute? 

• Haha 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â