Enzo Barrenechea

Pongo Waring

2 hours ago, Herman22 said:

The Luiz deal now looks really terrible. We lose one of our stars and we get two players who don’t add anything to the squad. 

Anyway best of luck to Enzo. 

Maybe McKennie was onto something by turning us down

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

This is a bad deal all around if he goes

Except it isn't. It's one that makes a lot of sense for us as it will allow him to get game time and improve as a player. If he isn't good enough to make their first team he's not good enough to be on our bench. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

We signed them like two months ago. How could you possibly say they don’t add anything to the squad? 

Because they are both getting sent out on loan

Just now, villa89 said:

Except it isn't. It's one that makes a lot of sense for us as it will allow him to get game time and improve as a player. If he isn't good enough to make their first team he's not good enough to be on our bench. 

Well was more the Luiz deal as a whole

Just now, Zatman said:

Well was more the Luiz deal as a whole

That deal wasn't ideal but it was needs must due to PSR. We had to sell Luiz at that time and I assume the plan is that we got two players who we hope will increase in value to make up for not getting a premium price on Doug. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

I wonder if Enzo going means Kamara really isn't far off a return.

Well we know he isn't far off a return as Emery told us that. 

2 hours ago, Herman22 said:

The Luiz deal now looks really terrible. We lose one of our stars and we get two players who don’t add anything to the squad. 

Anyway best of luck to Enzo. 

I guess you could say we got part of the Luiz fee up front and will get the rest in 12 months when we sell on the two fringe players?

16 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I guess you could say we got part of the Luiz fee up front and will get the rest in 12 months when we sell on the two fringe players?

That's an if. If they perform on loan and increase their value. No guarantees.

48 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Well we know he isn't far off a return as Emery told us that. 

Yes. But I think it shows it's maybe even closer than we thought or expected. 

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

But they dont add anything to.the squad on loan

I agree. We all know the reasons why we had to do it but only Juve were interested in doing a quick deal so they were in a position of power in that exchange deal. We have to be so careful we dont fall foul of PSR again. Selling one of your assets on the cheap isn't a good thing.

35 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Because they need the experience. Its been very clear that Unai likes to work closely with the lads, he probably told Enzo and Samuel that there’s interest and they might get more game time this year elsewhere. SIJ is going to CL team and knows Italy well (that’s a huge boost) and Enzo gets a chance to get minutes in La Liga. The club must be confident in getting other names in to sanction both. Stop looking at the short term impacts when neither deal is about that. 

12 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I agree. We all know the reasons why we had to do it but only Juve were interested in doing a quick deal so they were in a position of power in that exchange deal. We have to be so careful we dont fall foul of PSR again. Selling one of your assets on the cheap isn't a good thing.

Did we sell him on the cheap or did we ( fans) over value him?

just being devils advocate.

3 hours ago, The_Steve said:

I think Unai probably mentioned that he would get more game time this season there. 

It’s funny to see the literal bed wetters on Twitter calling the Luiz deal “a horror show” have no idea about the long term vision at play. 

It's all about now and only now.  Instant gratification or nothing.

I thought Enzo would get plenty of game time but as others have said I reckon that (a) completing the Onana deal and (b) Kamara potentially being a lot closer to a return than was initially expected probably means that a loan is a good option for him and us.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

Did we sell him on the cheap or did we ( fans) over value him?

just being devils advocate.

Two scenarios: Dougie told Unai he wants to join Juve, after joining he mentioned how Brazilian lads there convinced him. We contact Juve to arrange a sale concious that we also need a sale so we strike an agreement. That no other clubs came in for Dougie means that we struck an agreement that probably was enough to satisfy PSR whilst bringing in young names we had interest in thereafter. As good as he was, he clearly wasn’t happy and just stopped listening to Unai as much. Players come and go, that’s football. I think some fans put Dougie on an unrealistic pedestal which is there choice, just not something I agree with despite how important he was to our success. But for me, the more critical names to our success are Dibu, Ollie, Ezri and Pau. We will never know the true reasons, but I think he was leaving regardless of PSR. 

54 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Philogene didn't add anything to the squad the year he was at Hull. What happened in that year? Oh wait he played regular football and improved because of it. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â