Enzo Barrenechea

Pongo Waring

Surprising shift after Unai’s comments about him just a few days ago. Still, Valencia is good experience and will raise his value too if it goes well. FWIW I thought he looked really good in preseason 

• Like 1

I think Unai probably mentioned that he would get more game time this season there. 

It’s funny to see the literal bed wetters on Twitter calling the Luiz deal “a horror show” have no idea about the long term vision at play. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

And yet neither could make the bench in our first two matches, with established first team players yet to return from injury. 

Maybe it’s better for them to get good quality playing time elsewhere rather than wait around being useful but unused squad depth with us.

I think they would have got game time in the domestic cup competitions. They won’t adapt to English football by playing in Italy and Spain. I suspect they were bought as purely as assets to be sold at a profit when PSR requires it

16 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

The Luiz deal now looks really terrible. We lose one of our stars and we get two players who don’t add anything to the squad. 

Anyway best of luck to Enzo. 

Alternatively, they have good loans this season then rejoin our squad in January/next summer or we sell them for around £40m combined profit to make the Luiz sale reach the £60m valuation it should've been worth if our hand wasn't forced at the time.

Hope he doesn't go as liked what I saw in pre season but he is effectively our 6th choice centre mid once Kamara comes back, behind Kamara, Tielemans, Onana, Barkley and SJM. 

So if he can find a loan with maybe a recall option for Jan then, and Kamara comes back fit and firing then it might be for the best 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Ultimately, worse case we will get our 50 mill off the Luiz deal by flogging these two with further potential upside if one of them is a hit.

yeah i think at the very least we'll get our money back for them. they both have time on their side.

The fact that neither have buy options means they have long term plans here. At worst, they come back better players that we sell down the road or integrate into the squad better how they were the previous season. It’s really that simple. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

The Luiz deal now looks really terrible. We lose one of our stars and we get two players who don’t add anything to the squad. 

This is short term thinking. We signed two talented players who could be worth a lot more in a year or two. Project players.
Short term thinking is what landed up with Dendonker and Coutinho. So i'm happy with these two new signings and the new way.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

This is short term thinking. We signed two talented players who could be worth a lot more in a year or two. Project players.
Short term thinking is what landed up with Dendonker and Coutinho. So i'm happy with these two new signings and the new way.

Get your point , but we need depth and quality players now we got a champions league campaign to. I see the same weaknesses in the side as last season.

• Like 1

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

what’s not to like about this? Being third choice here, or be first choice at a Valencia?

perfect for him and keeps him playing and in the shop window for us. 

This is the kind of loans that Chelsea and Man City do. 

About to say exactly this. I reckon within a few years we’ll have 5-6 of this calibre of player on loan each season and then either sell them or bring them into the squad. It’s how to generate income.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

what’s not to like about this? Being third choice here, or be first choice at a Valencia?

It's not so much the shop window as just getting him ready to replace Kamara when we decide to cash in on him IMO.

1 hour ago, Herman22 said:

We signed them like two months ago. How could you possibly say they don’t add anything to the squad? 

18 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Valencia still have the likes of Pepelu, Javier Guerra and Andre Almeida in the midfield area so I don't think there's any guarantees he's going to be first choice there to be honest unless they have some departures themselves. He'll be higher up the pecking order though and have more of a chance of picking up minutes and breaking into the team than at Villa so I still think it's a good move for him.

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

I think Unai probably mentioned that he would get more game time this season there. 

It’s funny to see the literal bed wetters on Twitter calling the Luiz deal “a horror show” have no idea about the long term vision at play. 

It’s not a horror show but you can’t deny it’s is an odd transfer, buying players who are deemed not good enough just a couple of months later. I know this type of transfer is becoming more common in the game, buying players and loaning them out, but I think most fans want us to buy players who will improve us rather than being used solely for wheeling and dealing like very expensive trading cards. There will now a lot of pressure to sell these players on for profit, which isn’t guaranteed, as it doesn’t seem like they will contribute anything on the pitch for us.

6 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

It’s not a horror show but you can’t deny it’s is an odd transfer, buying players who are deemed not good enough just a couple of months later. I know this type of transfer is becoming more common in the game, buying players and loaning them out, but I think most fans want us to buy players who will improve us rather than being used solely for wheeling and dealing like very expensive trading cards. There will now a lot of pressure to sell these players on for profit, which isn’t guaranteed, as it doesn’t seem like they will contribute anything on the pitch for us.

It makes complete sense. Buying players younger and then allowing them to develop on Loan with a view to them being ready next season. It's a much cheaper way to recruit. 

We bought Nedeljkovic and Loaned him out the same window. 

3 hours ago, The_Steve said:

This! How many loans have we done where they don’t get enough game time? Both clubs will give them opportunities. Both deals are no brainers. 

Valencia are a volatile club, could easily sack the manager soon and a new manager not keen on him

This is a bad deal all around if he goes

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â