Enzo Barrenechea

Pongo Waring

13 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

But will Buba come back the same player, its a tough one Paul, could well come down to luck at the end of the day

He's young. It may take time but I'm sure he will.

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Barrenechea and SIJ were supposed to add much need squad depth. If he goes the 3 of the players transferred in will have gone out on loan plus we sold Archer. That leaves just Onana, Barkley and Maatsen. Looks like Emery is relying on returning players like Mings and Buendia to come back strong

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Ignoring the overall context of how each player joined, Bologna and Valencia  ate pretty good loan moves for Iling-Junior and Barrenechea. 

Yep, a somewhat higher level and standard than Plymouth, Shrewsbury or Preston, for example. 

2 minutes ago, ianifratti said:

Barrenechea and SIJ were supposed to add much need squad depth. If he goes the 3 of the players transferred in will have gone out on loan plus we sold Archer. That leaves just Onana, Barkley and Maatsen. Looks like Emery is relying on returning players like Mings and Buendia to come back strong

And Kamara.. I've heard a certain Dutch player can play DM quite well too. 👀

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5

Just now, Villa87 said:

On the surface, makes the Luiz sale even more disappointing. Well below his value. 

Players are essentially "assets". SIJ and Enzo could well be sold after solid loan spells for a profit and we go again--that's the nature of the game now, unfortunately.

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, Villa87 said:

On the surface, makes the Luiz sale even more disappointing. Well below his value. 

That’s PSR we had no choice as Juventus were the only ones showing interest before the PSR deadline 

3 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I’d prefer him to stay and learn his trade from the master. He would/could get some minutes in the cups, but maybe that’s not enough. 

Same here, I like him and his playing style.

Just get rid of the Donk instead!

From the players point of view it must be disappointing if you are leaving for a fresh start and in a new country to be told that you’re are been sent out on loan. I doubt they would have signed if they knew this was their fate after only a few months 

4 minutes ago, ianifratti said:

From the players point of view it must be disappointing if you are leaving for a fresh start and in a new country to be told that you’re are been sent out on loan. I doubt they would have signed if they knew this was their fate after only a few months 

Why wouldnt they have signed? They would have got a nice wage increase and signing on fee. They could have been well aware of the clubs plans for them.

6 minutes ago, ianifratti said:

It might well have been intimated to him at the time of his signing that he would be going out on loan to gain experience. The wiser young players know that the road to established success isn't straight

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Ignoring the overall context of how each player joined, Bologna and Valencia  ate pretty good loan moves for Iling-Junior and Barrenechea. 

This! How many loans have we done where they don’t get enough game time? Both clubs will give them opportunities. Both deals are no brainers. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â