Enzo Barrenechea

Pongo Waring

10 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

Kellyman played f all. Van Den Berg played close to a full season in the Bundesliga and scored 3 goals.

Yep, my point was that kellyman made more first team appearances for villa than vdb made for liverpool

29 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Yep, my point was that kellyman made more first team appearances for villa than vdb made for liverpool

It doesn't hold up when you consider VDB playing a full season of first team football in a top 5 league.

You could argue we should have paid less for Maatsen than we sold Kellyman in that case as he did all his best work for Dortmund and not Chelsea.

1 minute ago, Anything11 said:

It doesn't hold up when you consider VDB playing a full season of first team football in a top 5 league.

You could argue we should have paid less for Maatsen than we sold Kellyman in that case as he did all his best work for Dortmund and not Chelsea.

We should have

• Confused 2

9 hours ago, ozvilla28 said:

Loaning him and Junior we loose depth straight away especially if no one comes in.

Martinez, Gauci, Olsen

Cash, Konsa, Carlos, Pau, Mings, Digne, Maatsen

Bailey, Philogene, Barrenechea, Kamara, Onana, Tielemans, Barkley, McGinn, Ramsey

Rogers, Buendia, Watkins

U21: Nedeljkovic, Duran, Bogarde, Zych

We've no issue with PL Squad size. Can even register Dendonker if needed. Issue is too many CMs in the Squad. We need to Loan out one of Dendonker or Barrenechea and add a Defender

@GingerCollins29 please explain to me your logic of why we should have sold Kellyman for more than what we paid for Maatsen.

Kellyman has played a total of 148 senior minutes (all senior comps).

Maatsen played 2,277 senior minutes alone last season, reaching the CL final.

So even if you're looking at it as simplistically as you want to (minutes played isn't everything due to a number of factors), your argument still makes zero sense. You're placing an unbelievable of importance on 148(!) senior minutes just because they're for a PL side? Is that right? And actually Maatsen has also played more minutes in the PL than Kellyman so your argument is baffling me even more.

Edited by Tom13

31 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

@GingerCollins29 please explain to me your logic of why we should have sold Kellyman for more than what we paid for Maatsen.

Kellyman has played a total of 148 senior minutes (all senior comps).

Maatsen played 2,277 senior minutes alone last season, reaching the CL final.

So even if you're looking at it as simplistically as you want to (minutes played isn't everything due to a number of factors), your argument still makes zero sense. You're placing an unbelievable of importance on 148(!) senior minutes just because they're for a PL side? Is that right? And actually Maatsen has also played more minutes in the PL than Kellyman so your argument is baffling me even more.

@Tom13 are you always this demanding? 😂

I never said we should sell kellyman for more than we bought Maatsen. 

I said we should have paid less for Maatsen. So the rest of your post is irrelevant

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

@Tom13 are you always this demanding? 😂

I never said we should sell kellyman for more than we bought Maatsen. 

I said we should have paid less for Maatsen. So the rest of your post is irrelevant

You did say that. It's on this page.

We can have essentially a 23 man squad for UCL and then Zych and Bogarde are two U21 players in addition

So 

Martinez, Olsen

Cash, Nedeljkovic, Konsa, Carlos, Pau, Mings, Digne, Maatsen

Bailey, Philogene, Kamara, Onana, Barrenechea, Barkley, Tielemans, McGinn, Ramsey

Duarn, Watkins, Buendia, Rogers

That would be the squad as it stands. Dendonker finding a Loan or left out.

If we signed another player like Geertruida then I would have to be Barrenechea dropping out, in which case he might be Loaned out or also left out of the squad.

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We can have essentially a 23 man squad for UCL and then Zych and Bogarde are two U21 players in addition

So 

Martinez, Olsen

Cash, Nedeljkovic, Konsa, Carlos, Pau, Mings, Digne, Maatsen

Bailey, Philogene, Kamara, Onana, Barrenechea, Barkley, Tielemans, McGinn, Ramsey

Duarn, Watkins, Buendia, Rogers

That would be the squad as it stands. Dendonker finding a Loan or left out.

If we signed another player like Geertruida then I would have to be Barrenechea dropping out, in which case he might be Loaned out or also left out of the squad.

Would it not be Ned going out on loan for a year? Seems like more sense to keep Enzo around as squad rotation than having 3 right backs in squad. One of those is basically going to see zero game time. 

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Loaning him out frees up a space to sign somebody else but doesn't make the Luiz deal look too good. 

Yeah - it's pretty high risk. If they've good seasons playing regularly in Serie A and Europe we've got two £30m+ players on our hands. If not the Luiz deal will definitely look questionable.

6 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Yeah - it's pretty high risk. If they've good seasons playing regularly in Serie A and Europe we've got two £30m+ players on our hands. If not the Luiz deal will definitely look questionable.

Luiz deal will always be questionable because it was forced down by the club due to PSR. There was literally no other alternative. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Loaning him out frees up a space to sign somebody else but doesn't make the Luiz deal look too good. 

To be honest I don’t think it’s how about Luiz deal looks. But we need him, he’s our second defensive player after Onana. I think he’ll get involved more in the next couple of games. We began the season in a tough situation. Even Barkley only featured for 15 minutes. We have a good squad which you can’t know who to take out from the bench. Now with Cash injured I think Enzo will feature. As long as he’s on the bench I think Emery will give him couple of minutes. 
We have Carlos as the only CB, Maatsen LB, Ned RB. Gauci keeper. Those 4 can’t be changed. Then you got Ramsey, Jaden, Buendia, Barkley, Duran. 
Duran can’t be changed. So we need to have a CM and it’s a choice between Enzo and Barkley. Jaden and Ramsey are both additions and have important rules to play. So the next choice is Buendia. Again Buendia is the player to bring to unlock teams that park the bus, so can’t be expected to rest. I think potentially Enzo come to the bench in tough games more than Buendia. 

1 hour ago, abdulaziz1 said:

To be honest I don’t think it’s how about Luiz deal looks. But we need him, he’s our second defensive player after Onana. I think he’ll get involved more in the next couple of games. We began the season in a tough situation. Even Barkley only featured for 15 minutes. We have a good squad which you can’t know who to take out from the bench. Now with Cash injured I think Enzo will feature. As long as he’s on the bench I think Emery will give him couple of minutes. 
We have Carlos as the only CB, Maatsen LB, Ned RB. Gauci keeper. Those 4 can’t be changed. Then you got Ramsey, Jaden, Buendia, Barkley, Duran. 
Duran can’t be changed. So we need to have a CM and it’s a choice between Enzo and Barkley. Jaden and Ramsey are both additions and have important rules to play. So the next choice is Buendia. Again Buendia is the player to bring to unlock teams that park the bus, so can’t be expected to rest. I think potentially Enzo come to the bench in tough games more than Buendia. 

But Kamara will be back soon so he won't get much game time at all. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, PaulC said:

But will Buba come back the same player, its a tough one Paul, could well come down to luck at the end of the day

Edited by Follyfoot

13 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Martinez, Gauci, Olsen

Cash, Konsa, Carlos, Pau, Mings, Digne, Maatsen

Bailey, Philogene, Barrenechea, Kamara, Onana, Tielemans, Barkley, McGinn, Ramsey

Rogers, Buendia, Watkins

U21: Nedeljkovic, Duran, Bogarde, Zych

We've no issue with PL Squad size. Can even register Dendonker if needed. Issue is too many CMs in the Squad. We need to Loan out one of Dendonker or Barrenechea and add a Defender

Duran isn't under 21 for the purposes of the squad this season. 

We have 27 players that need registering to play as it stands. Not in your squad are Duran, Hause, Dendonker, Richards and Emery's son (for anyone interested). 

I'd hope all them but Duran are moved on and Carlos too, leaving us with 22 and then we can spend the deadline day going bonkers bringing in anyone we can get our hands on 

6 hours ago, PaulC said:

I think Kamara still need much time to get ready for playing. He’ll also not be depended at until he’s fully fit. Can’t risk that. 
Until then, Enzo could show his qualities. I think people will be impressed with what he could add to the squad.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â