Enzo Barrenechea

Pongo Waring

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

He is 23, so I don't see a loan being particularly useful at this stage. He is either good enough for the first team squad or should be sold. Looking at his performances in pre-season and Emery's comments, it appears he does have ability, so makes a loan even more surprising. Hopefully it is BS from a tier Z source.

I mean he can be good enough for the team while not being better than Onana and soon to be returning Kamara to a point he doesn't make the squad. It's far more important not to waste a season of his development like this either. 

Player acquisition in the age of squad cost and PSR means that even if they never play a match for Villa, a player like Enzo can still massively help the club. The same way Tim and Omari allowed us to purchase Onana and Maatsen. 

I would rather loan Enzo out, with the ability to recall, over keeping him for the odd cup game. That way we maintain his value at a level that allows us to sell for profit down the line. 

• Like 1

Think Kamara's speedy recovery has caught everyone by surprise. I thought Barrenechea would go on Loan possibly in January but not now.

Kamara, Onana, Barkley, Tielemans and McGinn all experienced CMs is enough depth. 

I'm still not sure just because of reports of Loan interest he'll be going. If he does maybe that means there's no interest in Dendonker

1 hour ago, Alakagom said:

I mean he can be good enough for the team while not being better than Onana and soon to be returning Kamara to a point he doesn't make the squad. It's far more important not to waste a season of his development like this either. 

The whole point of us having a bigger squad was to be able to rotate more and cover injuries. Tielemans and Kamara are both a bit injury prone so is a position we need an extra player in. Shipping Enzo out for a season defeats the object (if he is good enough) and doesn't make us any stronger then last season. 

Edited by Made In Aston

12 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

The whole point of us having a bigger squad was to be able to rotate more and cover injuries. Shipping Enzo out for a season defeats the object (if he is good enough) and doesn't make us any stronger then last season. 

Isn’t Nicolo Schira the guy behind this rumor? Who is notorious for BSing?

17 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Isn’t Nicolo Schira the guy behind this rumor? Who is notorious for BSing?

No Italian newspaper

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

Just now, GingerCollins29 said:

Incredible that as a top 4 team, there is zero interest in donk, yet Liverpool sell nobodies for millions

Crazy how a Belgium international can’t find a club that’s interested 

23 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I think this comes down to Dendonker or Enzo going on loan/sold. Considering there seems to be  zero interest in Dendonker, he makes the 25 man squad, enzo gets the loan move. 

Yeah my thinking also. It's not like Dendonker is frozen out or anything. He's just down the pecking order and the Loan last year to a team like Napoli was meant to get him a move. 

With Kamara back early, Barrenechea will need game time and maybe that's on Loan. I personally think Kamara getting sold in June next year for PSR. 

21 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Incredible that as a top 4 team, there is zero interest in donk, yet Liverpool sell nobodies for millions

Quite simple, the Liverpool nobodies are on peanuts wage wise compared to the ridiculous contract we gave Dendoncker

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

It's because we are desperate and that means all teams are best waiting until near deadline day and see how cheap they can get him on Loan. 

24 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

If Liverpool aren’t calling him Agent Stevie, they should be. A one-man PSR wrecking crew. 

27 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

He wasn't involved in getting us top four though was he so that means very little.

48 minutes ago, tinker said:

He's was arguably our most impressive purchase in the pre season games so I can't see him being loaned out without kicking a ball for us in anger.

Unai made some comments a few days ago about how well he was integrating with the squad and that his future was here “with us”. I don’t think he’ll be going on loan regardless of how well/quickly Kamara recovers. 

• Like 1

It's a trick dilemma because we can only register so many players or have so many in s matchday squad. BUT after last season, he'd have been a huge welcome if we were in a similar position this season. I'm expecting a few niggling injuries with Kamara. He's been out for a while and is in a position where his body is taking a bit of beating. 

20 minutes ago, Awol said:

Unai made some comments a few days ago about how well he was integrating with the squad and that his future was here “with us”. I don’t think he’ll be going on loan regardless of how well/quickly Kamara recovers.

And last season it took time for Youri to integrate while Unai got him up to speed with our style of play and what he expects from his CMs (Youri said this himself that's what was happening). Assume the same is happening with Enzo, plus he's younger and new to the country and league.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

He wasn't involved in getting us top four though was he so that means very little.

Neither were the players at liverpool involved in their success. At least donk made some appearances and scored at old trafford

41 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Neither were the players at liverpool involved in their success. At least donk made some appearances and scored at old trafford

Who have Liverpool got rid of?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â