Enzo Barrenechea

Pongo Waring

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Ah right so he was injured then.

I think he'll come in for Donk on the bench for Arsenal.

Dendoncker wasn’t on the bench for the last game but yes I would expect Barrenechea is ahead of him in the pecking order, Emery already showed Dendoncker the exit door in January so it’s obvious he is not wanted 

Just now, david-avfc said:

Dendoncker wasn’t on the bench for the last game but yes I would expect Barrenechea is ahead of him in the pecking order, Emery already showed Dendoncker the exit door in January so it’s obvious he is not wanted 

Oh thought I saw Donk's name listed in the subs for Saturday. With 9 subs there should be room for a DM so think Enzo will be involved in the matchday squad before too long.

Edit: Confusing with the Dortmund friendly. That was when I saw Donk's name listed among the subs.

27 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Oh thought I saw Donk's name listed in the subs for Saturday. With 9 subs there should be room for a DM so think Enzo will be involved in the matchday squad before too long.

Edit: Confusing with the Dortmund friendly. That was when I saw Donk's name listed among the subs.

I'd have though barkley sort of covers the DM spot. 

25 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I'd have though barkley sort of covers the DM spot. 

He'll play in the double pivot, but he's not really a DM. He's more like Doug, a deep playmaker, the 8 in the double pivot instead of the 6.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TomC said:

He'll play in the double pivot, but he's not really a DM. He's more like Doug, a deep playmaker, the 8 in the double pivot instead of the 6.

Ironically I also feel Barrenechea is similar to Doug from the little I've seen 

• Like 4

He'll have his part to play over the season. If he's playing for anybody else this season I'll upload a video of myself trying to eat a whole raw broccoli.

31 minutes ago, TomC said:

I'd expect to see Barkley introduced from the bench first and Unai has talked about him playing 6,8 or 10. I think Barrenechea will get chances this season but our squad is very strong now so it could be tough. When kamara is back he could be competing for two central slots with onana, youri, kamara, barkley and even Mcginn. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

He'll have his part to play over the season. If he's playing for anybody else this season I'll upload a video of myself trying to eat a whole raw broccoli.

You've already got this video and would just need to upload it I presume?

5 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

I mean normally internet people threaten to eat washing capsules or something horrible, but if fresh vegetables that would be really good for your gut biome are what the kids are doing now knock yourself out :thumb:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

I mean normally internet people threaten to eat washing capsules or something horrible, but if fresh vegetables that would be really good for your gut biome are what the kids are doing now knock yourself out :thumb:

I just assumed a whole one would be a strange mouth texture. I can go a bit more wild. If I didn't have a little kid, I'd consider some wildness but I have to be a responsible person now. I'm open to suggestions but I'm not ordering in animal anus etc.

Edit - Thank you for including me with the kids of these days. It makes me feel young again 😀

Edited by Wezbid
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

You've already got this video and would just need to upload it I presume?

No, but I want to do it. I did eat a whole jar of Coleman's mustard when Norwich beat Liverpool a few years back. If I can find that video, I'll share it.

Edited by Wezbid

Just now, Jas10 said:

Expecting him to play a big part over the season and be a major upgrade on someone like Dendoncker:

pre season is a funny beast for me. i disregard the bad but acknowledge the good. he was definitely in the 'good' column in pre season. he seems like an emery sort of player

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

pre season is a funny beast for me. i disregard the bad but acknowledge the good. he was definitely in the 'good' column in pre season. he seems like an emery sort of player

Absolutely.

T🔨

Classy operator.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 3

Just now, Jas10 said:

Absolutely.

T🔨

Classy operator.

Could easily see him playing the double pivot next to Kamara when we need to be really solid in midfield. People say we didn’t replace Dougie, but I reckon Enzo might be exactly that profile - just better at the defensive element.

Just now, Awol said:

Could easily see him playing the double pivot next to Kamara when we need to be really solid in midfield. People say we didn’t replace Dougie, but I reckon Enzo might be exactly that profile - just better at the defensive element.

It’s great to have options in there… and add physicality and defensive nous.

Just need to make sure we have enough creativity and a 10/SS/CAM may have to take on more of that responsibility…

But we are looking SOLID now.

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I like this kid alot.

I reckon he eventually replaces someone like Barkley in the squad and progresses from there.

Very early days but… feels like Ross has the hardest job on to get in the side.

Can see Barkley and Barrenechea as our alt/backup CM pair, starting domestic cup games for example.

• Like 1

Great comments from Unai. I think this player is underrated. He might feature against Arsenal especially of we’re winning. If we could win this game, I think we’ll see even more rotation. 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â