Enzo Barrenechea

Pongo Waring

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Yep, bit bizarre. McKennie might not be everyone’s cup of tea but he’s an international footballer and would have added good depth to the squad. Barrenechea is 23 and has not even had any international youth caps never mind senior caps.

Schrödinger’s cat.  McKennie we know isn’t great whereas we don’t know Enzo therefore at the moment he’s both shit and great at the same time.

I’ve not be pen in favour of this deal in any form so far but understand the PSR issue.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Yep, bit bizarre. McKennie might not be everyone’s cup of tea but he’s an international footballer and would have added good depth to the squad. Barrenechea is 23 and has not even had any international youth caps never mind senior caps.

Yeah but he’s got chubby cheeks so y’know must be crap…!

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

So odd that people would be excited about this but hated the idea of McKennie. 

Think it was largely because of McKennies weight issues.

• Haha 1

He’s a rough diamond they feel can be polished by the sounds of it - name a player who’s gotten worse under Emery’s tutelage ? 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Ah right. 36 games for them so was a regular, 0 goals so I assume he's a DM so could be a Kamara fill in while he gets fit.

I'd rather that profile than McKennie when we've got better than him already in the box to box midfield role.

6ft 1 aswell so a bit more height for set pieces.

If you buy Enzo as back up for Kamara, this has a sense, if the price is fair. But if Enzo is your substitute for Douglas Luiz, you weakened the team. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, jigen said:

If you buy Enzo as back up for Kamara, this has a sense, if the price is fair. But if Enzo is your substitute for Douglas Luiz, you weakened the team. 

He's not a replacement for Dougie. I imagine they have a bigger name lined up for that.

He has just had a full season in Serie A where by most accounts it seems he did well, was talk that Juventus would keep him despite interest from Napoli, so seems he has some pedigree. The way to look at it maybe is that McKennie would have been rotation option for McGinn, whereas this player will be rotation option for Kamara, Luiz replacement will be a different player

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jigen said:

Zero chance of that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He's not a replacement for Dougie. I imagine they have a bigger name lined up for that.

If you are smart you should buy Kephrem Thuram. He has 1 year left, he costs 25m and has word class potential (higher than Douglas Luiz). 

• Like 1

Seems a similar player to Dougie when we bought him from City, a big step up for a young player moving from Serie A, much faster league.

Looks a promising player to be fair, but I'd expect we'd look to replace Doug with a Merino type of player once we've got out finances in order.

Short term losing Doug and bringing in rookies looks poor business, but the bigger picture should hopefully allow us to replace him sufficiently and strengthen our squad ahead of a CL season.

Unai and Monchi know what they're doing.

Edited by VillaJay
  • Like 3

This deal gets weirder and weirder by the day. Jumping from one player to another does give off the vibe that the club just needs to get it all over and done with sooner rather than later.

Barrenechea's career seems a bit odd as well, for 23 years old he really hasn't played much at all at senior level, I see he did his ACL a couple of seasons ago though which may have hindered his progress. Seems to have done quite well at a struggling Frosinone last season by all accounts but other than that there isn't much to go off.

Barrenchea is a shade over 6ft tall and looks a prospect.  Given he's Argentinian, I am sure that Emi Martinez will look after him.  Unai has a track record of making players better, so I am happy with this as I think that Illing-Junior will also be a bums out of the seats type player.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jigen said:

Tielemans in effect becomes Luiz replacement I reckon now the Gallagher interest has died down and Barkley will be his back up.

33 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Why don't we just request Locatelli instead.

This is the conversation. 

Villa: we’d like Locatelli as part of the Luiz deal

Juve: No

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â