Enzo Barrenechea

Pongo Waring

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Do we know for sure that we only went for Barrenechea because McKennie didn't want the move/couldn't sort out what Juve owed him? Or did we (Emery/Monchi) push to get him instead? Because he looks quality.

We won’t and I don’t think we’ll ever get the truth or the full details. There were reports that he couldn’t agree on severance pay but also wasn’t keen on the move to us and the role he might play or even the contract offer. 

Another take is that McKennie was a player they were fine with losing (also, both he and Iling-Jr were on expiring contracts. Had to find a way to shift them if they weren’t extending or couldn’t agree on a new deal. Weston’s since been linked to a £15m move to a MLS club!) but since they wanted Dougie (at the request of Motta, the new manager) we had to agree to an alternative and Enzo was one of the players we had weighed up (along with Soule and Huijsen, who were valued too highly to be included) as a good option for us and Juve (maybe reluctantly) agreed to move him on to us.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sne said:

He's a guy who at 23 only has 1 season of senior football, partly because of that ACL-injury that made him miss a whole year. Guess you can count that season with the Juve U-23 side in the 4th division if you want. Has never played a international game for Argentina at any age and has never played a single game in a European cup.

I think he looks a interesting player but if VT posters are expecting him to just slide in and fill the boots of Kamara straight away in his first couple months then I think they are setting him up to fail. Hope he's given time to settle before people judge him.

If Juve valued him at anything more than £10m in the deal, they've done very well.

4 minutes ago, sne said:

He's a guy who at 23 only has 1 season of senior football, partly because of that ACL-injury that made him miss a whole year. Guess you can count that season with the Juve U-23 side in the 4th division if you want. Has never played a international game for Argentina at any age and has never played a single game in a European cup.

I think he looks a interesting player but if VT posters are expecting him to just slide in and fill the boots of Kamara straight away in his first couple months then I think they are setting him up to fail. Hope he's given time to settle before people judge him.

Yep he could become a gem but he could easily become the next Carlos Sanchez and I think people need temper expectations on the kid

• Like 3

Just now, Tomaszk said:

If Juve valued him at anything more than £10m in the deal, they've done very well.

Was 8 million think potentially rising to 13million on that document that Juventus leaked/published

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Was 8 million think potentially rising to 13million on that document that Juventus leaked/published

The "real" value I mean.

I've seen some suggestions we got two £20m players for half the price here. Absolutely no chance.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

The "real" value I mean.

I've seen some suggestions we got two £20m players for half the price here. Absolutely no chance.

none of it will mean anything, both clubs have played a game and the values have been judged on what is needed to tick various boxes

judging players on cost and value is a minefield at the best of times but with these PSR swap specials you can forget it

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 04/07/2024 at 21:29, sheepyvillian said:

Good luck with that hope.

He will get some of the following before October comes:

Get rid

All fart no shit

He's worse than Donk

Send him on loan to Turkey 

Release him on a free can't believe he's Dougie's replacement. 

Sigh.

Edited by Hank Scorpio
  • Haha 2

On 04/07/2024 at 15:24, sne said:

He was affected by the injury as you mentioned. 
Mainoo played his first season with Utd and now he’s starting for England. As long as he’s done well last season (after his injury), and in a position which we really need while having attributes we need, I think he’ll do well. 
Even Dendonker done well the season before. 
For me I’d gamble on him and get a Luiz replacement which has defensive qualities. 

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

He will get some of the following before October comes:

Get rid

All fart no shit

He's worse than Donk

Send him on loan to Turkey 

Release him on a free can't believe he's Dougie's replacement. 

Sigh.

He's championship class. Why do you think Juventus wanted rid. We've had our trousers pulled down. I would rather Callum Chambers. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

He was affected by the injury as you mentioned. 
Mainoo played his first season with Utd and now he’s starting for England. As long as he’s done well last season (after his injury), and in a position which we really need while having attributes we need, I think he’ll do well. 
Even Dendonker done well the season before. 
For me I’d gamble on him and get a Luiz replacement which has defensive qualities. 

Mainoo is 4 years younger.and has played for England in the youth national sides at every age. Barrenechea is kind of a late bloomer even thou he's only 23.

Must be better comparisons than Mainoo & Barrenechea. 

1 hour ago, sne said:

Mainoo is 4 years younger.and has played for England in the youth national sides at every age. Barrenechea is kind of a late bloomer even thou he's only 23.

Dewsbury-Hall

• Like 2

17 hours ago, sne said:

My point was that he went to play in higher levels quickly. While we’ve seen the likes of Carney who done really well when he was younger but didn’t really done well (mostly because of injuries but also not having the best luck in terms of chances and playing).

Watkins didn’t really play as a striker until a late stage of his career. He’s been playing lower leagues and Championship. Only one season as a striker with Brentford from what I remember.

I don’t think Enzo not playing was an issue, because last year (22) he was playing, before that he had one year injury and Juve second team. If we had a second team playing 3rd/4th league it wouldn’t be as playing U23, it would be as if we’re loaning our players but with more strategic approach with how we want to coach them. It’s not really as a player stays until 22-23 playing for our U23 team.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â