Enzo Barrenechea

Pongo Waring

2 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Really looking forward to seeing this guy. I think he’s our Bouba replacement for the first half of the season. 

Needs a good preseason, and an Emery spit shine. But I feel he can reach being a steady understudy 

Looks like Dybala's twin on the announcement shots.

Interesting signing. Not sure if he can fill Kamara's shoes immediately as he's probably where Luiz was when we signed him in 2019 given his age and experience but I think long term he could do really well.

6 hours ago, Leeroy said:

We are Aston Villa and we've just finished 4th and reached the semi finals of a European competition with an elite manager. We signed Kamara under Slippy after finishing 14th in the league. Yes, I'd hope we can find a midfielder similar in talent to him given the position we are in.

That’d be lovely and I hope we sign the best players we possibly can, but as I said I don’t think there are many DMs at his level around. Whatever the state of the club when we signed him, Kamara is in the top 2-3 DMs in the league. He’s elite. Not every signing works out at that level, for anyone - even Man City have a dropoff if Rodri is out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

That’d be lovely and I hope we sign the best players we possibly can, but as I said I don’t think there are many DMs at his level around. Whatever the state of the club when we signed him, Kamara is in the top 2-3 DMs in the league. He’s elite. Not every signing works out at that level, for anyone - even Man City have a dropoff if Rodri is out.

I get what you're saying but Rodri is very rarely injured for City whereas Kamara has been very injury prone since he joined. For context, Rodri has played 106 games for City the last 2 seasons in all competitions while Kamara has only played 56 games. Over the last 2 seasons, Rodri has played 8,805 minutes in all competitions for City; Bouba has only played 4,354 minutes for us. Rodri is never really rotated either so it's not about protection either, he's just a very robust player. 

I love Boubs as a player but given his injury record it may well be that whoever we sign becomes the starting DM long term. They certainly will for half of next season because of Kamara's ACL. And that player looks like being Barrenechea, unless we have a more experienced DM lined up as well (I note that Guido Rodriguez is now available on a free transfer after his contract with Betis ended so might be one to look at if we still want someone more experienced). 

• Like 1

Isn't he supposed to be a "hardman"? Where is the neck tattoo? Not sure we can trust him to do the job with him not wearing the mark of the moron.

• Like 1

It's not based on a huge amount that I've seen myself, but I have a good feeling about him proving to be a smart signing over time. At face value it doesn't seem the most thrilling move given he hasn't played a huge amount of senior football, and 99% of it has come for a relegated Frosinone, but when you dig a bit deeper there's a lot to be encouraged about. Time will tell if he can adapt to the league, but if so he seems to have shown a lot of qualities needed to succeed.

I actually thought he would be the more expensive of the two in the double-deal. I know we got them quite cheap as they got Dougie for a good price but still, €8m for him feels like it will be a steal. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Nah, Hulk is a striker! 

No… I’m talking about THE Hulk…

not the DOB

or is that ancient old baller?

Edited by Jas10

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â