Enzo Barrenechea

Pongo Waring

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

We signed Kamara under Slippy after finishing 14th in the league on 45 points. Sure we could sign a similar level player again given we just finished 4th on 68 points and have Unai Emery as manager. 

That's not how it works in real life.

We can't spend £40-£50m on a holding midfielder to play backup to Kamara. We aren't Man Citeh.

We've made a good business decision by bringing in a higher quality backup than the players already available, for a low fee. If Berrenechea reaches his potential, perhaps you will get your L4L Kamara replacement.

You're being way too negative man, take a step back and look at all of the challenges collectively, and trust the process.

Edited by Tubby
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Here’s an idea. Maybe Emery thinks under his coaching he’s as good as Kamara. 

Hardly played under a world class coach in serie A, did he?

Turned Rogers from a “one for the future” to difficult to displace from the starting 11 in 5 games. Thats what these guys do, sign the attributes and potential and unlock it. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, Tubby said:

That's not how it works in real life.

We can't spend £40-£50m on a holding midfielder to play backup to Kamara. We aren't Man Citeh.

We've made a good business decision by bringing in a higher quality backup than the players already available, for a low fee. If Berrenechea reaches his potential, perhaps you will get your L4L Kamara replacement.

You're being way too negative man, take a step back and look at all of the challenges collectively, and trust the process.

I understand the challenges and I don’t think the system works. The rules need changing, although we as a club have never been much good at the financial side as we got into a huge mess with O’Neill in charge too. I’m not actually blaming anyone here, or being unnecessarily negative, just giving honest feedback on how I see things. 

I suggested Fofana and Gallagher as replacements for Luiz and Kamara about a month ago, two experienced players at the top level even if they both lack a bit of quality on the ball. Most of the responses were we’d be far weaker so why when we only have one replacement for these 2 players who has played at a much lower level is everyone so confident. Even if Tielemans replaces Luiz which is possible, I still don’t think we can trust Barrenechea to be the player to replace Kamara for half a season. Not only that but we will be playing CL games and if we go far in the cups could play a lot of games there too. One inexperienced holding midfielder as our only option + another who will have been out for nearly a year and probably won’t really get going until the 25-26 season is not a position I want us to be in.

I’ll reserve judgement of course until I see the lad play for us, it will be a big step up to the Premier league that’s for sure and given his lack of experience I’d prefer he was eased in than thrown in at the deep end from day 1, and I really think we need to bring in at least one more proven midfielder and not be relying on this guy to start most games for us, for his sake and ours. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

I understand the challenges and I don’t think the system works. The rules need changing, although we as a club have never been much good at the financial side as we got into a huge mess with O’Neill in charge too. I’m not actually blaming anyone here, or being unnecessarily negative, just giving honest feedback on how I see things. 

I suggested Fofana and Gallagher as replacements for Luiz and Kamara about a month ago, two experienced players at the top level even if they both lack a bit of quality on the ball. Most of the responses were we’d be far weaker so why when we only have one replacement for these 2 players who has played at a much lower level is everyone so confident. Even if Tielemans replaces Luiz which is possible, I still don’t think we can trust Barrenechea to be the player to replace Kamara for half a season. Not only that but we will be playing CL games and if we go far in the cups could play a lot of games there too. One inexperienced holding midfielder as our only option + another who will have been out for nearly a year and probably won’t really get going until the 25-26 season is not a position I want us to be in.

I’ll reserve judgement of course until I see the lad play for us, it will be a big step up to the Premier league that’s for sure and given his lack of experience I’d prefer he was eased in than thrown in at the deep end from day 1, and I really think we need to bring in at least one more proven midfielder and not be relying on this guy to start most games for us, for his sake and ours. 

You're jumping to conclusions though, which is odd when the window runs through to 30th August. It's way too soon to write off this business as bad business. The owners and UE/Monchi, are far more competent individuals than perhaps we've ever had.

Let the process play out and see what the squad looks like when all is said and done. In my opinion, DM is already stronger and Doug's replacement has yet to be signed.

Edited by Tubby

3 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Here’s an idea. Maybe Emery thinks under his coaching he’s as good as Kamara. 

Hardly played under a world class coach in serie A, did he?

Turned Rogers from a “one for the future” to difficult to displace from the starting 11 in 5 games. Thats what these guys do, sign the attributes and potential and unlock it. 

He played under Allegri if call him top class? His Frosinone manager managed a Champions League semi final vs Liverpool

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

He played under Allegri if call him top class? His Frosinone manager managed a Champions League semi final vs Liverpool

Never knew Frosinone’s manager had that kind of previous. They played quite nice football last season. A lot higher and open than you expect a relegation team would play. Then again it also hindered them as they were caught out with balls over the top and having fullbacks too high up the pitch. 

but the manager definitely got something out of their midfield and wide attackers 

Enzo and Soule where highlights in the squad

10 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Never knew Frosinone’s manager had that kind of previous. They played quite nice football last season. A lot higher and open than you expect a relegation team would play. Then again it also hindered them as they were caught out with balls over the top and having fullbacks too high up the pitch. 

but the manager definitely got something out of their midfield and wide attackers 

Enzo and Soule where highlights in the squad

He was manager of the Roma comeback vs Barcelona. His teams play good football but were always wide open even at Roma so defensively weak

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa82 said:

image.png.0dbfadb6548267ef07fe11667818c529.png

And it’s saaaame fiiiixed counterparty, same fixed counterparty FC. We’re by far the greatest team the world has ever seen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â