Enzo Barrenechea

Pongo Waring

44 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

They haven’t really.

I think we’ll look back on this deal in a few years, smile and light a cigar. 

No. They sent us some unknowns that could become duds for our starting midfield

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

What sort of time you heading to bed tonight?

Sunday night. Holiday week for those of us in the US of A. I’m thinking 3am EST. Ideally I’ll get to bed by the time Villa announces the new band and have dreams of the new players scoring loads of goals.

3 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Sunday night. Holiday week for those of us in the US of A. I’m thinking 3am EST. Ideally I’ll get to bed by the time Villa announces the new band and have dreams of the new players scoring loads of goals.

Hope you sleep well.

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

That's a very negative outlook to have mate.

Until we finish our summer business we don't know if he is signed to be a squad player or a first teamer. They could be duds, but they are also prospects coming from a huge club that could be excellent for us. Why not veer towards a positive outlook especially whilst so much looks uncertain as to how we are going to line up next season?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, carlitobrigante said:

That's a very negative outlook to have mate.

Until we finish our summer business we don't know if he is signed to be a squad player or a first teamer. They could be duds, but they are also prospects coming from a huge club that could be excellent for us. Why not veer towards a positive outlook especially whilst so much looks uncertain as to how we are going to line up next season?

Its more honest than negative. We are losing a player in his prime with 200 appearances and receiving 2 players with 30 appearances combined for Juventus

We are getting the unknowns in this deal

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Oh for gods sake get over yourself.  Dougie was decent but by no means elite.  We have a proper recruitment team in place, let the pieces come together instead of seeing the negative in everything 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its more honest than negative. We are losing a player in his prime with 200 appearances and receiving 2 players with 30 appearances combined for Juventus

We are getting the unknowns in this deal

We are getting PSR balance with a whole post June window to look forward to. 

Patience! 

35 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If you think either of the players we have just signed are unknowns you clearly don’t know anything about football. Both are minimum 20m pound players and either under Emery could easily become far more valuable than that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

If you think either of the players we have just signed are unknowns you clearly don’t know anything about football. Both are minimum 20m pound players and either under Emery could easily become far more valuable than that. 

combined have started 8 Serie A games for Juventus who are not the Juventus of old

They might come good but is a lot more chance Juve got better end of the deal since signing a Brazilian international in his prime

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Bentancur went for £20m (maybe even slightly less) and was a regular in the Juventus midfield for several seasons and a starter for Uruguay. Barrenechea has played about 3 games for them in his entire career and was sent out on loan to a team that got relegated. I wouldn't value him close to £20m at all. I wouldn't value Iling Jr at that either. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Bentancur went for £20m (maybe even slightly less) and was a regular in the Juventus midfield for several seasons and a starter for Uruguay. Barrenechea has played about 3 games for them in his entire career and was sent out on loan to a team that got relegated. I wouldn't value him close to £20m at all. I wouldn't value Iling Jr at that either. 

If Kellyman is worth 19m then both juve players that we just signed are rated significantly more highly than him. Some people obviously think we still have idiots in charge of the club. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

You should message Monchi and co and tell them they’ve been robbed - i mean we’re all entitled to an opinion so you may be proved right - or I think based on the fact the professionals think they’re players who will fit our system and develop I think I’ll side with them 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

If Kellyman is worth 19m then both juve players that we just signed are rated significantly more highly than him. Some people obviously think we still have idiots in charge of the club. 

Kellyman clearly isn't worth £19m either. Chelsea fans are questioning that too and don't think he'll ever play a game for them.

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

You should message Monchi and co and tell them they’ve been robbed - i mean we’re all entitled to an opinion so you may be proved right - or I think based on the fact the professionals think they’re players who will fit our system and develop I think I’ll side with them 

I've no idea about Monchi's credentials except he apparently did really well at Sevilla and really badly at Roma. So far I'm not quite convinced, probably because of deals like this one. 

It probably isn't about what they want anyway - it is probably the fact that because of PSR we were desperate and when you're desperate you do foolish things. 

I'm fairly sure Monchi and Emery would not have agreed to this deal if they had a choice in the matter. I sure as hell know Unai wouldn't have, Luiz was a key player for him. 

1 minute ago, Leeroy said:

I've no idea about Monchi's credentials except he apparently did really well at Sevilla and really badly at Roma. So far I'm not quite convinced, probably because of deals like this one. 

It probably isn't about what they want anyway - it is probably the fact that because of PSR we were desperate and when you're desperate you do foolish things. 

I'm fairly sure Monchi and Emery would not have agreed to this deal if they had a choice in the matter. I sure as hell know Unai wouldn't have, Luiz was a key player for him. 

Have you seen Barrenechea play a game? 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â