Enzo Barrenechea

Pongo Waring

Just now, OhioVilla said:

I wonder....

Do Villa announce tomorrow? Put it on the books for July, and we mark all 50m in profits from the Doug sale to June?

Does that work?

It wouldn’t make a difference as the cost of Barranechea is split over the length of his contract, so the fee would count from tomorrow anyway

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OhioVilla said:

I wonder....

Do Villa announce tomorrow? Put it on the books for July, and we mark all 50m in profits from the Doug sale to June?

Does that work?

Surely it doesn't matter when it's announced - just when it's signed/registered?

2 hours ago, OhioVilla said:

I wonder....

Does that work?

Yes I think Enzo and Iling-Jr will be announced early next week for that reason.

I thought we did the deal because Juve are in trouble too? So wouldn't they need this all adding to the books today? Or have they just done us a favour?

1 hour ago, skarroki said:

I thought we did the deal because Juve are in trouble too? So wouldn't they need this all adding to the books today? Or have they just done us a favour?

They're not in ffp trouble, and no, they're not doing us any favours...they got themselves top class midfielder on a cheap.

1 hour ago, Czarnikjak said:

They're not in ffp trouble, and no, they're not doing us any favours...they got themselves top class midfielder on a cheap.

They haven’t really.

I think we’ll look back on this deal in a few years, smile and light a cigar. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, STO said:

I presume we might be delayed a little by the work permit. 

It's a TOTALLY separate deal from the Luiz one... So it won't be done at the same time obs...

Totally different promise...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I imagine we’ll wake up tomorrow with 2 new confirmed players.

I agree mondays generally depressing day so i think it makes sense

Given how much “amortisation” has been discussed on these boards, I’m surprised to see how much concern there is about which particular day is chosen to announce a purchase.  The announcement date might not be the purchase date, and anyway the purchase price is spread over the whole contract up to a limit of 5 years.

5 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I imagine we’ll wake up tomorrow with 2 new confirmed players.

And then Barkley shortly after or all 3 in one?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â