Enzo Barrenechea

Pongo Waring

24 minutes ago, catanzaro said:

Apologies if this has been covered already, but does anyone have a view of how much pace this kid has got.. Kamara covers the ground very well, something that Dendoncker couldn't do..

Only watched highlights, but he doesn't look particularly fast. We certainly not buying him for his pace.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

At least Romano will shut up about this soon 

Yes it’s been in the “final stages” for weeks maybe the tweets about the colour of the ink used to sign the contract next.

Just now, gwi1890 said:

Yes it’s been in the “final stages” for weeks maybe the tweets about the colour of the ink used to sign the contract next.

He’s tweeted over 30 times about the deal and medicals now. It’s just a shame that he’s become such a glorified content farmer. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He’s tweeted over 30 times about the deal and medicals now. It’s just a shame that he’s become such a glorified content farmer. 

Agreed.

He obviously has some info, and he used to be very good.

But he (or his team) has obviously decided they need to tweet about every transfer ever. Which has just turned him into a stream of useless information.

I'm sure he still gets scoops, but he's basically just the BBC transfer rumours page now

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Agreed.

He obviously has some info, and he used to be very good.

But he (or his team) has obviously decided they need to tweet about every transfer ever. Which has just turned him into a stream of useless information.

I'm sure he still gets scoops, but he's basically just the BBC transfer rumours page now

He has also had a few 'Here we go's that ended up not 'Here we go'ing in the end, so he's not even a slamdunk any more and his tweets now need a pinch of salt that they never needed before.

• Like 3

Fab is essentially a victim of his own success. He was the go to guy with the answers and everyone pestered him to know where a deal is. So now he’s tweeting every step to appease those people. It’s boring and clogs up Twitter and forums alike. 

He should recognise when he has to add caveats to his catchphrase, he’s **** up. 

Only 2 tweets needed. “It’s happening” and  “here we go”

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 2

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

Fab is essentially a victim of his own success. He was the go to guy with the answers and everyone pestered him to know where a deal is. So now he’s tweeting every step to appease those people. It’s boring and clogs up Twitter and forums alike. 

He should recognise when he has to add caveats to his catchphrase, he’s **** up. 

2 tweets needed. “It’s happening” and  “here we go”

gets more clicks the other way.

35 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He's an influencer now rather than a journalist, farming for likes.

Ornstein is a proper football journalist, announces it then moves on.

Oh totally, I’m always a little (maybe too critical at times) of football journalists - but Ornstein is of a much higher standard and I respect how he will only tweet when something will happen. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BOF said:

He has also had a few 'Here we go's that ended up not 'Here we go'ing in the end, so he's not even a slamdunk any more and his tweets now need a pinch of salt that they never needed before.

Yeah that's what I was getting at. He used to have actual info, so it was a bit like the way we on here treat John Percy tweets. if he says it, it's almost certainly true.

But then Romano seemed to make a decision that instead of reporting what he knew, he'd tweet about absolutely every transfer ever. Which has completely diluted his actual real info with the usual itk rumour bullshit

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah that's what I was getting at. He used to have actual info, so it was a bit like the way we on here treat John Percy tweets. if he says it, it's almost certainly true.

But then Romano seemed to make a decision that instead of reporting what he knew, he'd tweet about absolutely every transfer ever. Which has completely diluted his actual real info with the usual itk rumour bullshit

Like when he said Jack Harrison on loan was a done deal and it didn’t happen. The funniest thing was he called Barkley ex-United. It’s just better sometimes not to tweet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Yeah he’s no ‘Percy at the backpost’ 

4 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Does he need a barbers with a haircut like that?!

A wig shop then?

My #1 shopping priority for the summer was a defensive midfielder to fill in for Kamara until he's back. I'm putting a lot of hope in this guy. The first half of our season may depend on him.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â