Enzo Barrenechea

Pongo Waring

17 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

This guy is getting Argentina caps this season while at Villa. Can feel it. Going to be a great signing for us. Got a hunch!

Talking of that, I’ve noticed he hasn’t any u18s u21s caps as yet.. I wonder why? You’d think being a Juve player would got him a pick 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

He'll have to speed up on the ball and slow down off it if he's sitting in midfield for us.

Doubt we'll see too many PL minutes for a few months.

It's so easy to succeed here. Just do what you're told by our incredible manager. What an opportunity!

• Like 2

Got a really good feeling about this one. Very few players in his position are as "cultured" as they say - often either hardworking tacklers or QB style passers. We have seen how much this style of player (Kamara) lifts others around them (Dougie).

• Like 1

I’m hugely excited about the potential of this signing and it fixes a glaring squad deficiency. Huge upside potential and Martinez will be the obvious mentor to make sure he settles quickly at the club. A mere 21 months ago we were signing donkeys like dendonker, what progress. 

8 hours ago, villan-scott said:

This guy is getting Argentina caps this season while at Villa. Can feel it. Going to be a great signing for us. Got a hunch!

Starting with the Olympics 😜

16 hours ago, Jas10 said:

We might have signed a good one here @TRO

Someone to get stuck in, take the ball and pass it with aplomb…

A proper defensive player… we had a distinct lack of those, at our disposal, last season.

Kind you’ve been crying out for.

Yeah...sounds just like the type, i have been banging the drum for......but until we see them play, it's just fingers crossed.

encouraging though.

I have this feeling Unai knows exactly what the profile of our team should look like.....and I am not so sure, it's ALL about PSR.....I think balance is an element in his thinking too.

On 20/06/2024 at 14:33, useless said:

People seem to think Juventus have all the aces in this deal, they don't becaue they have financial difficulties of their own, which is why they can't afford to just outright buy Luiz - although initially the deal was £35m plus McKennie, but we wanted Iling as we've been tracking him for a while

They aren't giving us their rejects, they wanted to keep McKennie, hence offering him a new deal, it's equally believable that they would have wanted to keep Barrenechea, many were tipping him to be their backup No.6 next season

The point is they're having to make sacrifices just like we're having to, we make the greater sacrifice, but it's not as if Juve are in a position where they can give us any old player they don't want

Also we aren't getting Soule or Chiesa as part of the exchange becaue they're too expensive for this particular deal, that's like Chelsea fans asking for Matinez or Watkins as part of the Maatsen deal

sound reasoning.

I was content with McKennie but after reading a plethora of rave reviews about this guy, I cannot help but think the stars have aligned with the former pricing himself out of the deal. 

Nice core of Spanish speakers to help him settle in including two compatriots and the manager himself obviously. Plus Illing-Junior who he must've played a bit with for their B team. 

• Like 2

Sounds like an exciting prospect. One for Emi to take under his wing.

the great thing is we have a solid core of senior role model  professionals to help these young guys settle in. Also Wiki lists him as being born at Villa Maria, so this one is meant to be!😀

13 hours ago, Anything11 said:

Got a really good feeling about this one. Very few players in his position are as "cultured" as they say - often either hardworking tacklers or QB style passers. We have seen how much this style of player (Kamara) lifts others around them (Dougie).

Curious to see how he would potentially play alongside Kamara and if that would be a very solid base that can still keep the ball moving very well, or if they would be too similar. 

Give us a solid option when we go to the Bernabeu in the semifinals.

39 minutes ago, Skruff said:

Called for him in January so I'll be quite happy with my armchair scouting if this transfer goes!

What was your take of him back then? What made you think, Villa needs this guy? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

What was your take of him back then? What made you think, Villa needs this guy? 

I felt we needed to strengthen our defensive midfield, someone who could backup/rotate with Kamara. He looked to me far better then say Chambers or Dendoncker. Contract running out. Quite technical, good passer, physical presence, good in the air. Tenacious. Loads of raw material, that I imagined would improve greatly under Unai Emery. His statics were quite impressive at the time. Was mostly wishful thinking from my part, but enjoyable seeing it go through. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Skruff said:

I felt we needed to strengthen our defensive midfield, someone who could backup/rotate with Kamara. He looked to me far better then say Chambers or Dendoncker. Contract running out. Quite technical, good passer, physical presence, good in the air. Tenacious. Loads of raw material, that I imagined would improve greatly under Unai Emery. His statics were quite impressive at the time. Was mostly wishful thinking from my part, but enjoyable seeing it go through. 

Scout Skruff speaks!!!

• Haha 3

On 20/06/2024 at 09:33, useless said:

People seem to think Juventus have all the aces in this deal, they don't becaue they have financial difficulties of their own, which is why they can't afford to just outright buy Luiz - although initially the deal was £35m plus McKennie, but we wanted Iling as we've been tracking him for a while

They aren't giving us their rejects, they wanted to keep McKennie, hence offering him a new deal, it's equally believable that they would have wanted to keep Barrenechea, many were tipping him to be their backup No.6 next season

The point is they're having to make sacrifices just like we're having to, we make the greater sacrifice, but it's not as if Juve are in a position where they can give us any old player they don't want

Also we aren't getting Soule or Chiesa as part of the exchange becaue they're too expensive for this particular deal, that's like Chelsea fans asking for Matinez or Watkins as part of the Maatsen deal

Solid points. Only counter though is the gap between Martinez/Watkins to Maatsen is much greater than Luiz to Soule or Chiesa. (Depending on your opinion of Luiz)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Oh shit, are we doing this again?

More like Monchi doing the Purslow Grealish style video about the club failing PSR to swerve with a “F**k PSR”  Heck comes barging in calling the Premier League C**ksukers and then fades in to a movie style vignette of the new kit modelled by the new players in the new look Villa park, with all the cool angels and edits. Finishing with the tag line “the **** PSR range by Villa and Adidas” “available now at shop.avfc.co.uk

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â