Enzo Barrenechea

Pongo Waring

Just now, lexicon said:

Absolutely not. He's a high-potential youngster in a position we badly need back-up in. 

I highly doubt we would be making enquiries for this guy and Iling Junior if Juventus weren't taking Luiz from us.

2 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

I highly doubt we would be making enquiries for this guy and Iling Junior if Juventus weren't taking Luiz from us.

Why not? Rogers, Nedjelkovic, Sousa and now Iling-Junior and Barrenechea.  Seems like we're targeting undervalued young players with high ceilings.

8 minutes ago, Indigo said:

And the pendulum swings back towards it being Juve that are getting mugged off!!

That’s ridiculous. They can choose who they offer to us. 

They are probably annoyed that they are now looking like losing McKennie on a free when they thought they had a buyer lined up for him. 

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 1

Just now, duke313 said:

Seems like we're targeting undervalued young players with high ceilings.

Which is precisely why I'm calling BS on this whole deal.  I know for a fact that Barrenechea lives in a bungalow. 

9 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Hard to say. We've been given lemons with PSR and have had to make lemonade - 2 highly rated youngsters and 25m isn't bad, really. Ideally we wouldn't be losing Luiz but that's the situation we're in. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Why not? Rogers, Nedjelkovic, Sousa and now Iling-Junior and Barrenechea.  Seems like we're targeting undervalued young players with high ceilings.

It just seems improbable we really really want these 2 players (and they seems to be changing every day as well 😊)

BTW, this guy is not really a blossoming youngster anymore, he is 23...never had a sniff at getting into Juve squad, and played well in relegated side for 1 season. Is his potential better than Irogbunam? Maybe, I hope so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DaoDeMings said:

Why are they letting it happen if they don’t want to lose him? 

Because they want Luiz. They don't hold ALL the cards in these negotiations tbf. 

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Hard to say. We've been given lemons with PSR and have had to make lemonade - 2 highly rated youngsters and 25m isn't bad, really. Ideally we wouldn't be losing Luiz but that's the situation we're in. 

I genuinely think Lange and Purslow  wouldn’t have been nowhere near this crafty in this situation. They’d just sold Ollie Watkins for 100m and replaced him Danny ings out of nowhere again. And hope the “out of nowhere” bit would distract us from it being a terrible deal 

4 minutes ago, DaoDeMings said:

Exactly thats the most laughable load of nonsense ive seen

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Exactly thats the most laughable load of nonsense ive seen

It's possible to be annoyed about losing a player whilst doing so if you think it's in the best interest of the club.

Probably similar to how we're annoyed about having to let Luiz go. 

Edited by PieFacE

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

It's possible to be annoyed about losing a player whilst doing so if you think it's in the best interest of the club.

Probably similar to how we're annoyed about having to let Luiz go. 

But then they would not include or give us the option of signing him like they did with soule?

Our reason ia more to do with FFP thats why most are annoyed 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

But then they would not include or give us the option of signing him like they did with soule?

Our reason ia more to do with FFP thats why most are annoyed 

Guess it depends if we're insisting on it and ultimately they want Luiz more than they want to keep this guy.

Who knows. 

17 minutes ago, DaoDeMings said:

I assume THEY in this context are the fans, who have no control who the club sells or buys.

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

I'm not arguing against that tbf - the point I was trying to make was that the truth lies in the middle rather than on the hyperobolic extemes.

I'm not being hyperbolic, I've just read that he had a great comeback season and he's adaptable to a variety of roles. Sounds decent to me, I'm no expert.
Though on here, there's posters ready to chuck themselves out the window on the news of him signing

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â