Enzo Barrenechea

Pongo Waring

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

€25m and two young players who may or may not be any good for a top quality CM. 

This is a great deal for Juventus. 

£25m and two young players that our world class manager and back room staff back themselves to turn into quality top 4 footballers. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 4

Just now, villa89 said:

It’s so mad I find it hard to believe it’s real. Best case scenario these players work out and the deal is OK for us. If neither player makes it this has potential to be one of the worst in history. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

Diaby! Do I win a prize?

Yes, two tickets to last year’s cup final 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Tielemans in effect becomes Luiz replacement I reckon now the Gallagher interest has died down and Barkley will be his back up.

Tielemans is a useful player. But Douglas Luiz was one of the best midfielders of PL. If you replace DL with his last year substitute, your first 11 is worse. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Or we use the space to buy an upgrade on Dougie - the other names are for the squad improvement.

1 minute ago, jigen said:

Tielemans is a useful player. But Douglas Luiz was one of the best midfielders of PL. If you replace DL with his last year substitute, your first 11 is worse. 

Dougie is a very good player, but ultimately more replaceable in our team than many others. Tielemans is a different player, with different qualities but every bit as good as Doug and had a better 2nd half of the season.

Truth is, Luiz had a very poor second half of the season, if we could keep him, I would, however psr means he needs to go and as a club we're in such a place that losing Luiz is not as big a deal as it might once have been.

11 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

This is the conversation. 

Villa: we’d like Locatelli as part of the Luiz deal

Juve: No

Villa: Ok, bye then.

Edited by Leeroy

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

A replacement for The Donk is how I’m looking at this signing … Should be a clear upgrade when looking at it like that 

Avoiding a points deduction is how I'm looking at it ....

It's starting to look desperate - and I know needs must, think it's a bigger knock on juve, they'll be offering us the tea lady next 

It's not a one for one dynamic.  The sale of Luiz might allow other players to step up or allow us to shift our tactics for the better.  Remember the best performances we had at the end of the season was with Luiz out of the squad.  

3 minutes ago, VillaJay said:

Dougie is a very good player, but ultimately more replaceable in our team than many others. Tielemans is a different player, with different qualities but every bit as good as Doug and had a better 2nd half of the season.

Truth is, Luiz had a very poor second half of the season, if we could keep him, I would, however psr means he needs to go and as a club we're in such a place that losing Luiz is not as big a deal as it might once have been.

We'll all disagree on this, but I think Konsa, McGinn and Ramsey are more replaceable than Luiz. McGinn is 30 this year and if we could convince Gallagher to come here he's 6 years younger and will probably become a better player. Konsa you could sell and replace him with Todibo or someone like that and arguably be better off or at least no worse off. Ramsey you could argue has already been effectively replaced by Rogers given how good he was when given a chance last season. I just don't see how Luiz is the best person to offload, unless there are just no credible buyers for the other players mentioned.

Tielemans is technically probably as good as Luiz but he doesn't have his athleticism or set piece ability. Given how well rounded Luiz is and the fact he's 26 with his best years ahead of him you'd be looking at a £70m or £80m player to replace him and we aren't getting close to that in this deal. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

PL: You’ve failed PSR, you will now be deducted points.

Better than being fleeced by those pr*cks Juve. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Leeroy said:

you'd be looking at a £70m or £80m player to replace him and we aren't getting close to that in this deal. 

But to satisfy the accounts we are … We’re not cash poor whatsoever just spreadsheet restricted - big big difference 

22 minutes ago, villaglint said:

It’s so mad I find it hard to believe it’s real. Best case scenario these players work out and the deal is OK for us. If neither player makes it this has potential to be one of the worst in history. 

That we were forced to make or get docked points.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â