Enzo Barrenechea

Pongo Waring

7m or whatever extra for me doesn't offset the loss of Luiz and McKennie deal. It is what it is and we are working with the constraints but upon us but this is desperate. Anything else they can chuck in? A few bibs and balls?

5 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

Only seen bits of him during Serie A but didn't take too much notice of him to form a proper opinion. Can only imagine this means more money has to be paid by Juve (probably better for us maybe) as its taking out an established international for a relative youngster. 

At this stage would much prefer Hujisen or Soule but will trust Monchi and Unai to get who they like best from those being offered

The only thing is that McKennie was relatively cheap because his contract expires next summer. If Barrenechea is on a longer contract Juventus might try and argue he worth a similar amount to a McKennie with only 12 months left. 

36 minutes ago, jigen said:

He was the reserve of the reserve and then sent him to Frosinone. Not top 6 material. 

Ah right. 36 games for them so was a regular, 0 goals so I assume he's a DM so could be a Kamara fill in while he gets fit.

I'd rather that profile than McKennie when we've got better than him already in the box to box midfield role.

6ft 1 aswell so a bit more height for set pieces.

Posted (edited)

I'm excited for this signing! I think he will become a better player than Douglas Luiz and we will all be laughing in a few years time on what a great deal this was. 

Cya in the year 2026

Edited by Pongo Waring

4 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

The only thing is that McKennie was relatively cheap because his contract expires next summer. If Barrenechea is on a longer contract Juventus might try and argue he worth a similar amount to a McKennie with only 12 months left. 

Barrenechea has barely played 50 games, whereas McKennie is an international footballer with 250 appearances.

4 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Very true

Realistically PSR is ****ing us and we're taking what we can get to survive a points deduction whilst others can continue having debts of >£0.5bn

We need to either redraft the whole package to one we like or hope another team starts making a more favourable offer

Just now, DCJonah said:

So odd that people would be excited about this but hated the idea of McKennie. 

Yep, bit bizarre. McKennie might not be everyone’s cup of tea but he’s an international footballer and would have added good depth to the squad. Barrenechea is 23 and has not even had any international youth caps never mind senior caps.

It's getting ridiculous this deal now, their first offer was bad in the first place with Iling Jr + McKennie + a paltry 20m Euros but now they are not even giving us their regular starter.

Fatty McKennie was not an inspiring signing but he had at least been a regular for them and was coming off the back of a good season. These two players have started about 5 games between them for Juventus.

This guy might be a holding midfielder but he's not a starter for a top team, we'd still need to sign another holding midfielder anyway so it doesn't solve our issues. 

If we still can I'd like us to pull out of this deal and go and deal with a serious club, Juve are an absolute joke. Won't give us Soule or Chiesa so offering us their reserve players in exchange for one of our best players. They should just do one. 

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â