Ian Maatsen

Pongo Waring

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Article in the Athletic about our Left Back situation and it's a tough one to call. I think though if we sign a Maatsen he is the attacking full back and Digne would be kept due to his experience and leadership. It seems like his determination to stay and win Emery over has both worked and impressed him. He is better defensively and I'd trust him more than others off the bench with a job to do and Emery instructions in his ear. However Moreno, with a full preseason could return to levels of his first 4 months and he is cheaper in terms of PSR. 

A tough one to decide tbh if we bring a new left back in. 

Quite a nice problem to have at LB really. Whether it's Digne or Moreno to leave, I don't mind either way, and with a new LB coming in (particularly if it's Maatsen) we'll be upgrading the squad. 

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Or alternatively he was starting left back in a team that managed to get to the final.

I think that's fine for where we are. Last time I checked we haven't won anything since 1997, we are not an elite team.

Why don't you tone it down a little, Pissflaps.

3 hours ago, striker said:

Maatsen would be a terrific signing imo so I guess one to miss then? 😂

Klaxon! Klaxon!  Dive!  Dive!  Dive!  Avoid.  Avoid. Avoid.  😂😂😂

Just now, Rustibrooks said:

I’d imagine Dortmunds focus might be with buying Sancho again. I can’t see Dortmund spending £80m for both of them. We have to be favourites to get Maatsen.

I would imagine it depends on Duran, so let's hope that gets sorted.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The irony of fans judging a player from a Champions League Final he helped the team get to.

and his limited Chelsea performances as they preferred Cucurella

How would people react if we were linked with him?

Just now, Zatman said:

and his limited Chelsea performances as they preferred Cucurella

How would people react if we were linked with him?

Thats a better argument than the Champions League final one. 

4 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Laying the ground works for the PSR fiddle. 

I'm sure we're happy to pay his buyout if we get £45 mill for Duran. 

Hopefully Terzic leaving Dortmund, them also having to spend big on Sancho and us already dealing with Chelsea for Duran makes this a goer.

Would be decent going to lose a back-up player for one that will likely improve the first eleven.

Â