Ian Maatsen

Pongo Waring

Our squad depth suddenly looks ridiculous. Great income, thought Digne was solid but Maatsen offers that little extra as well.

30 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I mean

I thought he looked better than Digne today.

I'm even going as far as saying I thought he was miles better

Digne had a great game. Shows what competition does for performances. 

• Like 2

Just now, CVByrne said:

Digne had a great game. Shows what competition does for performances. 

He was steady like he usually is.

Though that is the problem with him isn't it.

We need the x factor which he ain't got

The ability to go past players. The explosiveness. For me Maatsen is just different level

• Like 1

Starting Digne was the right call, I’d expect him to start against Arsenal as well.  

Give Maatsen time to get up to speed. Him and Ramsey down the left is going to be scary… but not for us.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Starting Digne was the right call, I’d expect him to start against Arsenal as well.  

Give Maatsen time to get up to speed. Him and Ramsey down the left is going to be scary… but not for us.

I cannot wait. We look superb

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

The ability to go past players. The explosiveness. For me Maatsen is just different level

Digne put a perfect weighted pass on Duran’s boot which would have been the go ahead if converted. Made a few outstanding defensive plays as well, not sure what other X’s you’re looking for.

& Maatsen looked excellent as well, we’re lucky to have two top level left backs in the squad and will need both.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

Digne put a perfect weighted pass on Duran’s boot which would have been the go ahead if converted. Made a few outstanding defensive plays as well, not sure what other X’s you’re looking for.

& Maatsen looked excellent as well, we’re lucky to have two top level left backs in the squad and will need both.

Go past players

All Digne ever does is play a back pass when he can take on his man.

I like attacking fullbacks and Digne is not one of them.

I'm sorry Digne is fine but he just isn't my cup of tea that's all.

I fell in love with Maatsen today

Edited by Pinebro

16 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I would start Maatsen against Saka,.although Digne kept him quiet last season so there would be a case to keep him in.

38 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

ironic i think.

remember when digne came in and he was going to be the attacking fullback we desperately needed? (Digne & Cash marauding down the wing in the Gerrard attacking full back system).

Now however, Digne is seen as the defensive full back who can cross a bit :)

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

ironic i think.

remember when digne came in and he was going to be the attacking fullback we desperately needed? (Digne & Cash marauding down the wing in the Gerrard attacking full back system).

Now however, Digne is seen as the defensive full back who can cross a bit :)

He is slow

Posted (edited)

Emery played a masterstroke with Maatsen. Wham brought Summerville on at 73 minutes and switched Kudus to their right wing against Digne thinking he would be knackered. In the 74th minute Emery subbed Digne for Maatsen who promptly put Kudus in is his pocket! 

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

Plus it is great that they offer such different options for us and different challenges for our opponents.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â