Ian Maatsen

Pongo Waring

Posted (edited)

Holland is a region of the Netherlands. People will clearly know what you mean if you call them Holland, and it might not cause any offence, but it's still not really correct.

It's like when foreigners refer to England rather than Britain or the United Kingdom, except without the bit where they get glassed by an angry Scotsman.

edit: undone by my own pedantry - it's a region, not a province

Edited by Panto_Villan
  • Like 3

Anyone familiar with the defensive side of his game? fully understand he'll be the attacking back in the system but that doesn't mean he won't have to do a significant amount of crucial defensive work.

Especially while Kamara's contribution is missing, I'm not confident our midfield (or left side center backs) will be able to provide enough support to cover a possibly weaker defender at left back.

I didn't know Maatsen was transgender. It's great that Villa are pushing new boundaries and leading the way in progressive and inclusive football.

Go Ian!

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

With all the talk about Onana, Diaby, Jaden and who else we might sign. Maatsen feels like a forgotten man at the moment.

Still a big signing for us and will be good to see him join the squad for the US tour.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Villa Gaffa said:

With all the talk about Onana, Diaby, Jaden and who else we might sign. Maatsen feels like a forgotten man at the moment.

Still a big signing for us and will be good to see him join the squad for the US tour.

He came while we knew Luiz was leaving, McKennie was reported to be coming. A lot of negatives at the time. Then the fact that he was the first signing (well Dobbin). Add to that him not featuring in Euros while still not featuring in our preseason. I guess all made that case. Which might be good as we don’t want more expectations while seeing them doing well.

A good thing with Enzo and Iling many weren’t expecting much from them, Dobbin almost as if he didn’t sign. Philogene all though people are happy but many are thinking we need a starting winger. I guess those will surprise many people. I’m still doubtful regarding Dobbin but if he managed to get us profit then he’s a success.

2 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

So with Maatsen coming back you’d think Ollie, Ezri and Emi aren’t too far behind 

I'd imagine McGinn, Tielemans and Onana first. Those 3 maybe a few days later.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â