Ian Maatsen

Pongo Waring

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I hate that we are helping Chelsea out of a financial mess. Its shameful and I am aware of our PSR issues but still shit

Name a better full back in his age group with the potential he has. This isn’t done to help Chelsea, it’s to help us improve. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

A. I dont think he is that good especially physically for the Premier League. I think him and Frimpong will both struggle in the league

B. I hate that we are helping Chelsea out of a financial mess. Its shameful and I am aware of our PSR issues but still shit

1. How do you know he isnt good enough for premier league when he has had very limited game time? If anythibg you should know how emery operates

2. Helping chelsea who are also helping us you mean? Thats more the PLs fault not the clubs

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Yes we do

We'll never know of course.

Doesn't seem to fit with what we're looking at in every other role. Big ****. To go with the athleticism Maatsen obviously has.

We were so good when Moreno first settled. Real outlet for us. Maatsen can be a huge success here.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

He didnt get on again yesterday and playing centre backs ahead of him. Strange Dutch brought him as a 4th choice left back

I think it's more he just wasn't part of their set up much in qualification and only came in last minute, same for Zirkee. He had a good season in Serie A but wasn't initially picked and average players like Malen and Weghorst are getting on ahead of him.

• Like 1

Not sure about this judging of players based off of the decisions made by managers at international level. There was a point in time where Emi Martinez couldn't get a sniff of a game for Argentina and had the likes of Franco Armani ahead of him, I think it's fair to say we'd have been crazy to think any less of his ability because of it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

Not sure about this judging of players based off of the decisions made by managers at international level. There was a point in time where Emi Martinez couldn't get a sniff of a game for Argentina and had the likes of Franco Armani ahead of him, I think it's fair to say we'd have been crazy to think any less of his ability because of it.

Ollie can't get a game for England, but we know his quality. Further reinforces your point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mazrim said:

How is he better than Maatsen?

On par with I would say. Maatsen has played both championship and premier league football so I would envisage him getting up to speed quicker perhaps. 

Gutierrez is a cracking player and available for less if his RC details are correct but horses for courses really as both will/would have improved us. 

56 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Can’t sign him. He plays for Girona. I’m not comfortable with us helping teams in the City group. See how silly the argument is?

Not really as Real have a huge sell on and he has a lower release clause than Mastsen

Â