Ian Maatsen

Pongo Waring

5 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I'd love Wan Bissaka at RB. Perfect for Emery. No chance of getting him sadly.

We may as well keep Konsa at RB if there was an option of buying AWB - both offer the same defensively and offensively so a waste of money.Ā 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He didnt get on again yesterday and playing centre backs ahead of him. Strange Dutch brought him as a 4th choice left back

Well watkins is getting very little game time as is eze, bowen etc. Doesnt mean they dont have quality about them

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He didnt get on again yesterday and playing centre backs ahead of him. Strange Dutch brought him as a 4th choice left back

Well if they're bringing on centre halves they're after something different to what Maatsen offers.

I'm not convinced we wanted him as a first choice option. But we needed Ā£20m from Chelsea and he was the best player to go with.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Well if they're bringing on centre halves they're after something different to what Maatsen offers.

I'm not convinced we wanted him as a first choice option. But we needed Ā£20m from Chelsea and he was the best player to go with.

Couldn't disagree more. IT's clear to me and has been reported as such that Emery is a huge fan of Maatsen and we pushed for him.Ā 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Way more attacking and adventurous than Southgate šŸ˜

Don't know why you're so keen to play down Maatsen. And he'll certainly be first choice IMO, or at least will be after a certain period. He was superb for Dortmund.

8 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Don't know why you're so keen to play down Maatsen. And he'll certainly be first choice IMO, or at least will be after a certain period. He was superb for Dortmund.

A. I dont think he is that good especially physically for the Premier League. I think him and Frimpong will both struggle in the league

B. I hate that we are helping Chelsea out of a financial mess. Its shameful and I am aware of our PSR issues but still shit

• Confused 2

It is very odd that he's the only left back in the Dutch squad and still remains uncapped. Ake and Van der Ven both ahead of him at left back and neither play there for their clubs.Ā 

Ā 

He didn't play attacking right back Dumfries yesterday either, he played Geertruida who probably plays a bit more conservatively, so no idea why he hasn't given Maatsen his debut yet.

Ā 

Hopefully he's not one of those players who gets called up at a young age and waits ages to get his international debut. He should be a guaranteed starter in my book.Ā 

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Yes we do

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Zatman said:

A. I dont think he is that good especially physically for the Premier League. I think him and Frimpong will both struggle in the league

B. I hate that we are helping Chelsea out of a financial mess. Its shameful and I am aware of our PSR issues but still shit

I think its the opposite they are helping us out with our PSR. We are getting the better of the deals imo. We ate getting a champions lesgue finalist for peanuts

31 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Him not getting a game for the Dutch means nothing. It's just the managers preference. Even Van de Ven is hardly getting any game time. Despite this they still concede three goals against Austria.Ā Ā 

Exactly. Ian is a huge signing for us and Unai is going to make him even better. Itā€™s a very exciting signing.Ā 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

We're really going to have this all season aren't we?

Ɨ
Ɨ
Ƃ